Just in case...

Professur said:
Em, whenever the provider says the line checks out, he's lying. It's almost guarenteed. And if he says to turn it off for 12 hours, and that clears the problem, it didn't clear the problem. Anything fixed by leaving electronics powered down for an extended period is either heat related, or a capacitor heading south. Both will come back, usually once the warranty is past.

There's no warranty as such since I didn't buy it ~ the modem is supplied free as part of the hire agreement i.e. doesn't matter how old it is as it's theirs they have to replace it if it isn't working or I cancel the service and find someone else.

Justintime said:
aren't ya a bit miffed about the 1gb NTL cap limit per day? few mates of mine told em bye bye cause of that.

Is that download capacity? I don't download that much so it doesn't really affect me.

I'm hating em more and more eve though i don't use em, aside from the limit (recently imposed, they'll warn users who cross it more than a few times then probably add extra charges or disconnect or something) i also heard some geezer was talking about a pay as you go broadband plan, thats like taking broadband to the early days of dialup :rolleyes:

Aunty Em said:
Justintime said:
aren't ya a bit miffed about the 1gb NTL cap limit per day? few mates of mine told em bye bye cause of that.

Is that download capacity? I don't download that much so it doesn't really affect me.

Kind of, i'd rather call it limit.

Back