Just when we thought we'd heard the last of Sheehan for a while...

Inkara1

...now she's in Canada supporting the US troop deserters. She even said she wishes her son were there, because he "didn't want to go" to Iraq.

linkage

I could have sworn it was an undisputed fact that her son signed up for a second time.

"And I wish he was standing up here with these people because he didn't want to go."

misleading quote to garner sympathy, she could mean "I wish he didn't want to go, cause then he'd be here" rephrased to make her get sympathy.

That reminds me...

Last month, we got a letter to the editor concerning an entry in the police log. I personally think the guy should have won "letter of the week" honors. :D

[FONT=Verdana,]Dear Editor
I was reading the Redlight Roundup in the May 5 edition and noticed that on Saturday, April 29, someone reported an uninvited subject had entered his or her home and refused to leave.
Well, heck, what is wrong with that? He or she was probably just looking for work and would probably even do a job that no one else in the house would be willing to do.

Bill Bright
Atascadero

http://www.atascaderonews.com/main.php?story_id=4299&page=38
[/FONT]

re read it, ok I missed the part where he said

no one else in the house would be willing to do

thought he said no one else was willing to do.

like he thought it was a business

(or a country)

"I begged him not to go to Iraq," the anti-war activist said through tears at a rally in support of the former soldiers, who wore black T-shirts emblazoned with "AWOL." "And I wish he was standing up here with these people because he didn't want to go."

What an idiot, it's common knowledge that he enlisted to get away from her and reenlisted and volunteered for another tour...

She realized she was out of the spotlight and had to drag herself back in.

They're moral human beings who don't want to go to Iraq and kill innocent people to line the pockets of George Bush and the war machine," she said.

Ms. Sheehan, he was right: they are called traitors and deserters, and they face punishment by a military court of law. These people are American citizens who pledged an oath to the service of their country and then fled to avoid that commitment.

Now, it looks to me like these are people who signed up for the Army then got cold feet.

I could see a point to her argument if there was a draft and these people were drafted but didn't want to go to war, but we're talking about people who voluntarily joined the Army.

If they didn't want to do the job they signed up for, why the hell did they sign up for it in the first place?

Altron said:
If they didn't want to do the job they signed up for, why the hell did they sign up for it in the first place?

Because they were getting paid to play soldier, not get shot at. Sort of like the difference between a security guard and a cop.

Professur said:
Because they were getting paid to play soldier, not get shot at. Sort of like the difference between a security guard and a cop.

So I don't see what the big problem is. They signed up for the Army, then got cold feet and wanted out. Canada extradites them to the US for a court martial. Simple, really, isn't it?

Inkara1 said:
...now she's in Canada supporting the US troop deserters. She even said she wishes her son were there, because he "didn't want to go" to Iraq.

linkage

I could have sworn it was an undisputed fact that her son signed up for a second time.

Maybe she does not realise that. Nor does she realise she is spitting on her son's grave

SouthernN'Proud said:
Deep down, she knows. She just doesn't care, because it's all about her.

Off with her head.

I have to agree with that. She has a huge ego and just wants her fame. She is using her son's death to get it. I find it sad she is doing it.

Back