Justice finally provails!!!!

Uki Chick

Anyone who drives a car a good distance will understand this. Paul and I were driving into work this morning, as usual stuck in traffic. Too many times we've said to ourselves, where are the cops when you need them? It makes me sick when people drive on the shoulder to try and get further, cut you off when they're entering the highway illegally, wait till the last minute to get in etc. Well, this morning one of those jackasses finally got what he deserved. I was driving slowly into work and of course, ran into an asshole. He was driving on the shoulder and tried to cut me off. Just at that moment, when I was about to honk at the asshole and try to get around him without letting him in, do I hear the wonderful sound of a siren!!!! An unmarked police car to pull the fucker over. I was overjoyed, to the point I wanted to get out of the car and kiss the cop to thank him. It was a beautiful thing!!! It's things like that, that make my morning drive all worth it!!!! :banana:

Wish that you'd had a camera...the pic would have been priceless :)

This fine morning...I got stuck behind a rather pretty young lady in a red civic...who cared more about making herself prettier than actually driving :)

I hope that she got her mascara on wrong when I honked at her.

:p

MrBishop said:
Wish that you'd had a camera...the pic would have been priceless :)

This fine morning...I got stuck behind a rather pretty young lady in a red civic...who cared more about making herself prettier than actually driving :)

I hope that she got her mascara on wrong when I honked at her.

:p

I wish I would have had the camera. I would have attached a pic of his face looking at the cop.

As to the women who do their make-up in the car. They make me just as sick too. At times I want to bump into their car while they're doing their eyeliner or mascara so they can either poke their eye with it or have a line going across their face. Let them get up five min. earlier to do their face or wait till they get to work, park the car and finish it there.

I need to look at a map of Montreal to get a feel for what you describe as an antiquated highway system that simply cannot keep up with the population.

Where are the worst bottlenecks? Is there a given section that has a greater amount of urban sprawl where people have placed their homesteads?

In Atlanta, housing is everywhere, of course. ...but there seems to be an affinity for the northern suburbs because the prevailing winds are generally south/southeast which carries the city pollutants away from them instead of unto them. Our highway system has been a nightmare for 25 years and they won't do anything about it.

What hwy # would that be? / part of the city?

Trying to find it by hand is a nightmare. Montreal is a huge spread out place.

lol... I just found the park of the immaculate conception ... how utterly catholic.

it was truly a beautiful sight this morning, see him burning down the soft shoulder, passing everyone, tryies to cut us off, see him jump ans the siren blares.

ahhhhh

true happiness is found in the deserved misfortunes of others

Unc, where the 20 on the south shore turns into the 25 on island. East end between Anjou (mtl) and Boucherville (south shore).

unclehobart said:
What hwy # would that be? / part of the city?

Trying to find it by hand is a nightmare. Montreal is a huge spread out place.

lol... I just found the park of the immaculate conception ... how utterly catholic.

and where the 15 hits the 40 and hits the 15 again, it's confusing to use numbers

for montrealers its decarie to the met to the laurentian highway

and lafountaine tunnel (the laffable tunnel)

Leslie said:
there it isn't so much the system of roads as the people driving on them :alienhuh:

It's not necessarily the people driving on them. The suburbs are filling up with more and more people, causing more and more bottlenecks. We lived in a certain part of Laval (suburb) and moved because it became the downtown of the suburb. More and more crowding etc. I won't say we don't have bad drivers, but everyone does. I hate driving in Ontario because people don't know how to merge etc there.

Uki Chick said:
It's not necessarily the people driving on them. The suburbs are filling up with more and more people, causing more and more bottlenecks. We lived in a certain part of Laval (suburb) and moved because it became the downtown of the suburb. More and more crowding etc. I won't say we don't have bad drivers, but everyone does. I hate driving in Ontario because people don't know how to merge etc there.

it's not that they don't kow how to merge, it's that they are so polite, lol

In Onatario you have half a klick to merge, in quebec you have 20 feet

The Champlain Bridge merges...there are several...all hellatious.
To give you an idea...within a 2km stretch, there are effectivly 10 onramp lanes merging onto 3 lanes. :p

Traffic
The Champlain Bridge is the busiest bridge in Canada. Since it opened in 1962, the number of vehicles travelling over it has increased constantly. From an annual average of 7,300 vehicles in 1963, traffic rose to 33,400 vehicles in 1968 and 109,700 in 1989. In 1999, the daily average was 134,000 vehicles, of which 8% were trucks.

Traffic on the Champlain Bridge is estimated at approximately 49 million vehicles.

On the South Shore, the bridge has direct connections with Highways 132, 10 and 30. Beginning at Nuns' Island, to which it is connected by access and exit ramps, the bridge separates into three approaches onto the Island of Montreal. The first connects it to Wellington Street in Verdun, the second links up with Highway 15, leading to the Atwater Tunnel, the TransCanada Highway (Highway 40) and Highway 20, and the third approach, namely the Bonaventure Expressway, brings traffic into downtown Montreal and onto the Ville Marie Expressway.

Got a source there, buddy? I seem to recall the busiest bridge being the one over the Niagra river into NY.

Edit: my bad. It's not in Canada. It's considered out of Canada

Hey, check this out. Built by THE GRAND FUNK RAILROAD. Doesn't that make Montreal the coolest place in the world?

unclehobart said:
Where are the worst bottlenecks? Is there a given section that has a greater amount of urban sprawl where people have placed their homesteads?

Montreal is an island, and a relatively small one at that. The island proper is home to the majority of employers as well as 3 large universities. Not everyone can live on the island, therfore must commute from the ever growing and sprawling suburbs off-island. Problem A: There are only so many bridges and tunnels onto the island. Problem B: The influx of huge numbers of peaple onto the island during office hours makes commuting in the city anywhere during this time a nightmare. And therein lies your bottleneck.

Can you just imaging what PARKING must be like......

I live on the island, not 10 minutes from downtown Montreal. And 15 minutes sans traffic from my work. On a good day in traffic, it takes me 45 min to an hour to get in.

Back