Keeping it in the family...

Pasmaster has a little bulletin board as well, but it's mostly related to PCB design and metal detecting. I post there a bit from time to time but I don't know all that much about either topic.

and don't forget the misfits; those who couldn't be tamed at HWC, including many of the moderators, the pirates of OCN.
pirate.gif

Damn.. I spend too much time online :)

Those aren't even counting the online game sites that a lot of us play on. :swing:

Q3Arena.com and Force3d.com are my origins...the latter of which is now long gone, but it's what lead me to OCN/HWC/Xi/JJR's/OTC.

Wow, VDR's my origin. I ecentually ended up following the herd after learning how to install a 5.25 floppy drive which I didn't need since after I put it in my main comp at the time (which has now been demoted to worst comp, just behind the laptop that has connected to the net I think twice now) my first computer (the B/W monitor, mouseless, rapidly decaying hard drive that required a full scandisk surface scan to be run at startup) mercifully died.

Honestly, I don't think I spend all that much time online, an hour or 2 at night and that's about it, never got into the gaming as I'm generally not real good at it. :shrug:

I started in order...
CDrom-guide
vb-world.net (a programming board no longer around)
HWC
[H]ardForum
Sharky's Extreme
JJR's
OCN
XiBase
Vbulletin's board, and the template one, and the Vb org
My board
OTC
Insiders forum
Padmasters
Ash's old board
PiL
Anandtech

Well since we're speaking of origins. I started out on RagingBull, HWC and Silicon Investor then moving on to a couple dozen others.

I looked at cat's post and realized I have read at all of those boards but 3 :eek:

2 weeks after my first computer by necessity of poverty - HWC -> OTC -> JJR -> Xi -> OCN -> GardenWeb (thanks to greenfreak)

I followed a different route...

allscifi.com - a shitty bb way back when I first got the Tolkien bug...

... then to Entmoot for more Tolkien...

...SF-Fandom for scifi and Tolkien (noticing a theme there?;))

Then there were a few I never posted at, or very little anyway, I vaguely remember joining a Dune forum, and a few other LOTR forums... A few ezboard ones, including my own short-lived one...

then OTC (invited by oz & miss anne thrope)

PiL

SFF World (introduced through gotnolegs), and it's subsidiary, funzone

Back