KFC's House of Horror

chcr

Too cute for words
Uki Chick said:
My parents and grandparent's use to do that too. It's better than kicking and stomping on them!
I wasn't condoning it, I just think everyone is overreacting to what happened to some chickens. Like cat says, the rules have very little to do with inhumane treatment and much more to do with efficiency and the bottom line. I eat meat. Animals have to die so that I may eat meat. I'd prefer they were killed humanely, but I'm not overly concerned about it.

Uki Chick

chcr said:
I wasn't condoning it, I just think everyone is overreacting to what happened to some chickens. Like cat says, the rules have very little to do with inhumane treatment and much more to do with efficiency and the bottom line. I eat meat. Animals have to die so that I may eat meat. I'd prefer they were killed humanely, but I'm not overly concerned about it.

It's not an overreaction though. It's just a glimpse at how disgusting and disrespectfull people are to animals. I eat meat too and I understand that it has to die for us to eat it, but that doesn't mean that it should be treated in such a manor.

chcr

Too cute for words
Uki Chick said:
It's not an overreaction though. It's just a glimpse at how disgusting and disrespectfull people are to animals. I eat meat too and I understand that it has to die for us to eat it, but that doesn't mean that it should be treated in such a manor.

Some people are jerks (there was another word but I didn't use it :D ). It always surprises me that people are surprised by this.

Sleeping Giant

Yeah, real chicken. There's a story I've heard and have heard others talk about that KFC calls itself KFC now because they use genetically-enhanced chickens that are designed to be featherless, but therefore the FDA will not allow to be called "chickens", therefore KFC can't call itself Kentucky Fried "Chicken" if they don't actually sell a product the FDA considers to be chicken. However, this is a myth, or urban legend. I don't know about the genetically-enhanced for featherless chickens bit, but it is a fact that KFC could still call itself Kentucky Fried Chicken if they wanted to; they just don't want to. The falseness of this story is evident in the fact that all over the menu boards, it says "chicken". If the word couldn't be in the name then it sure couldn't be on the menu that you order from, if that reason were true.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
genetically-enhanced chickens
AHA! Not to make light of the seriousness of the charges (well, yea, that's exactly what I'ma fixin' to do) but tat explains so much.

See, these genetic mutated monsters were being processed to be killed & served as a special dinner to a large group of starving Chinese kids (well, what country did YOUR mom use?) when the genetically enhanced SUPERCHICKENS suddenly & barbarically put dog collars around the necks of those poor illegal immigrant laborers. Soon afterwards, they were taking photographs of them in their birthday suits & in pink wimins undergarments. Just as they were about to make them do cheerleading pyramids, Ted Kennedy stumbled in, looking for a bathroom & a dry shirt (don't you hate falling in the river?) & he set these poor men free by inadvertently bumping the LET THEM LOOSE switch.. In their condition (later to be called temporary insanity) they flung these oversized & overdeveloped products of a capitalist system gone awry against the walls, stunning them at best. The PETA guy is really a Republican underground worker for the Bush camp & a personal & lifelong friend of Don Rumsfeld (commonly referrd to as chicken legs, Coincidence? I think not) looking to shut down the factory so they could move it to the Antarctic. The land is cheap & the wages have been frozen for years.

Sharky

superchicken.jpg

Inkara1

Sleeping Giant said:
Yeah, real chicken. There's a story I've heard and have heard others talk about that KFC calls itself KFC now because they use genetically-enhanced chickens that are designed to be featherless, but therefore the FDA will not allow to be called "chickens", therefore KFC can't call itself Kentucky Fried "Chicken" if they don't actually sell a product the FDA considers to be chicken. However, this is a myth, or urban legend. I don't know about the genetically-enhanced for featherless chickens bit, but it is a fact that KFC could still call itself Kentucky Fried Chicken if they wanted to; they just don't want to. The falseness of this story is evident in the fact that all over the menu boards, it says "chicken". If the word couldn't be in the name then it sure couldn't be on the menu that you order from, if that reason were true.
I always thought they were trying to de-emphasize the "fried."

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Gonz said:
AHA! Not to make light of the seriousness of the charges (well, yea, that's exactly what I'ma fixin' to do) but tat explains so much.

See, these genetic mutated monsters were being processed to be killed & served as a special dinner to a large group of starving Chinese kids (well, what country did YOUR mom use?) when the genetically enhanced SUPERCHICKENS suddenly & barbarically put dog collars around the necks of those poor illegal immigrant laborers. Soon afterwards, they were taking photographs of them in their birthday suits & in pink wimins undergarments. Just as they were about to make them do cheerleading pyramids, Ted Kennedy stumbled in, looking for a bathroom & a dry shirt (don't you hate falling in the river?) & he set these poor men free by inadvertently bumping the LET THEM LOOSE switch.. In their condition (later to be called temporary insanity) they flung these oversized & overdeveloped products of a capitalist system gone awry against the walls, stunning them at best. The PETA guy is really a Republican underground worker for the Bush camp & a personal & lifelong friend of Don Rumsfeld (commonly referrd to as chicken legs, Coincidence? I think not) looking to shut down the factory so they could move it to the Antarctic. The land is cheap & the wages have been frozen for years.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred... :grinyes: