Knocking sense into ex-patriots

ClaireBear

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
Wow! One American citizen out of how ever many who wants to see his name in the paper and is pissed off because Kerry lost! It's a travesty!

See ya loser. Our gain is your new home's loss. I won't miss you one bit. One less piss and moaner to have to put up with. Hell, do the rest of us a favor and take a few thousand more with ya to your Land of Enlightenment. I'll pony up air fare for the first ten takers.

See... its that kind of reaction I don't understand... :shrug:

I couldn't give a s**t if the entire population of Birmingham decided to up sticks and move to NZ and renounced their citizenship... I don't care!!!

I have no "loyalty" towards my country or my "Queen"... I just happen to be British end of story... I recognise and accept our faults as a nation!

Maybe we should start to place our hands over our hearts whilst singing God Save the Queen like out brethren across the pond... or summit! :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
ClaireBear said:
See... its that kind of reaction I don't understand... :shrug:

I couldn't give a s**t if the entire population of Birmingham decided to up sticks and move to NZ and renounced their citizenship... I don't care!!!
See, thats the point....he's making a big song and dance about the whole thing but he's just makinhg himself look like and arse.

'Whoopdedoo I'm a sore loser so I'll go and piss and moan about it wherever I can, then they'll be sorry'

Yeah, go ahead, seeya and come back when I give a toss.

ClaireBear

Banned
I see where you are coming from in connection with the original news story Stew... but I'm on about the poster's reaction to it here... I haven't taken SNP's post as a laugh...

SouthernN'Proud said:
See ya loser. Our gain is your new home's loss. I won't miss you one bit. One less piss and moaner to have to put up with. Hell, do the rest of us a favor and take a few thousand more with ya to your Land of Enlightenment. I'll pony up air fare for the first ten takers.

To me he, and many people here, are actually really bothered by this guys "negative response" to all things 'Merican! Why? :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
Isn't blaming anything and everything you don't like on "liberals" getting a bit tired? :yawn:

Somehow it seems like an incredibly weak excuse to resort to wheedling out of criticism with the same old bigoted and simplified conclusions all the time. :shrug:

The weak, tired excuse is quite telling. A huge number of people with strikingly similar poilitcal viewpoints acts in a strikingly similar way. Using the term LIBERAL is a shortcut to aviod having to spell out all the other flawed ideology that espouses these (you) people.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Not exactly. I could not possibly care less if this guy lives, dies, or chases fireflies. My comments are based toward his making a huge ordeal out of it. Spotlight seeking.

Read around some of my posts, and you will conclude that I am far from an "all things 'Merican" advocate. Hell, my avatar oughta clue you in to that one.

I welcome this dripping prick leaving and starting his pitiful excuse for a life anywhere that will tolerate him. And seriously request that he consider taking a few thousand like minded souls with him, thereby lessening the chance that I will have to hear their incessant bitching again. Even to the point of paying their way out if only they will leave and make it so I don't have to hear them any more. If that's some form of patriotism, then pin a medal on me. If it isn't, then kick me to the curb.

For someone to take glee in one person from the evil empire defecting to somewhere else is frankly petty and pitiful in its own right. My response was aimed in that direction as well.

If it offends anyone, tough shit. I get offended on an hourly basis. I got incredibly offended last night watching a television program. Have I defected? No. Have I done anything about it in a public way? No. Have I done anything about it at all? You betcha...I won't be watching the show in question any more. They won't miss me. I won't miss them. I call it mutual happiness.

[SnP loading squirrel rifle, putting foot on log, and casting defiant glare] Anybody else got a problem? [/all that shit in the other set of brackets]

ClaireBear

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
[SnP loading squirrel rifle, putting foot on log, and casting defiant glare] Anybody else got a problem? [/all that shit in the other set of brackets]

Erm... no... no Sir!

*CB pushes rifle muzzle away from her direction*

:D

Professur

ClaireBear said:
I don't get it either... :shrug:

I'm not "proud" to be British... !!

And oddly enough, I am, and damn proud to present my british passport when I travel too. Maybe it's a matter of we don't appreciate what we have, until it's gone. Britain will never be home again, but it'll always be Home.

catocom

To me I've always admire Britain's great heritage of "civilization". (in the latter centuries of coarse)

When I think of Brits, I tend to look at the brighter side, like upper crust crowd. (Dukes, and such)
And... How proper, and well spoken they are. :)

Then, Mick Jagger comes to mind. :lol2:

chcr

Too cute for words
Well now, let's see. SnP put it pretty well. Stop making a big deal out of it. If you're a citizen and can't live with it, leave and shut the fuck up. This is how we elect our leaders. If you're a citizen, you should know what to do about it. If you're not, whine all you want, we don't really care. I am a patriot, but not to the point of idiocy. I'm not a big GW fan, but then no one I've voted for since Carter has been elected. He was duly elected by the people and he is the president. Sure, there are things I'd change about the country if I could, but there are plenty of things I'd leave the same.

After all Brits, do you really think of Mick Jagger as a member of the gentry???? :D

Professur

The gentry was ruined by the new gov't. It's now an impoverished joke, and sadly, the Queen treats it as such. Look at who she permits to hold the title "Prince of Wales", and the soon-to-be "Duchess of Cornwall".

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
The gentry was ruined by the new gov't. It's now an impoverished joke, and sadly, the Queen treats it as such. Look at who she permits to hold the title "Prince of Wales", and the soon-to-be "Duchess of Cornwall".
True, true.:D

tank girl

Gonz said:
The weak, tired excuse is quite telling. A huge number of people with strikingly similar poilitcal viewpoints acts in a strikingly similar way. Using the term LIBERAL is a shortcut to aviod having to spell out all the other flawed ideology that espouses these (you) people.

:rofl: Are you serious?

And so that makes you and your ideologies, what, completely flawless?

There is NO ideology on earth that is completely right or wrong - none better than the other - it is only the die-hard proponents of a certain ideology that claim so.(ALL DICTATORS HAVE THIS ONE THING IN COMMON -regardless of political orientation)

To me, it seems entirely appropriate to identify the fact that those that claim their ideology is apparently virtuous above all else, the same one ones that resort to finger-pointing and name-calling in order to draw a line in the sand between their highground and "the rest" of the ideas they don't agree with- are quite clearly the ones that - if you sincerely care about freedom- we not only need to watch out for but also are required to if you have any sort of social conscience as opposed to an entirely self-serving one - make a serious stand against .

If you live in a constant binary divide between the virtues of your own ideology as opposed to everything else - you are no different than so-called "liberal" die-hards either - if you fail to see that things aren't so simple and black and white, and I think that it is only then you will see that it is quite a different matter all together.

As I see it, most people that you target to be "liberal" are actually those that are mid-way on the spectrum in what is an entirely healthy and democratically (in the true sense of the word) feasible place to be.

GO too far one way or the other, and then you are in dangerous waters - then you start the finger-pointing, the jeering, the cutting off of any voice that happens to disgree with your political ideas. The same thing happened both in, for instance - Maos China as well as Hitlers Germany - both opposite ends but both with lethal agendas and ideologies that sought to isolate the "good" from the "bad" the "moral" from the "immoral" the "right" from the "wrong etc..

The penalties for dissedence were obviously far more rampant and taken out - but the point is - in attempting to do the same by SMOTHERING everyone else with opinions or ideas or behavior that don't align themselves with your ideology under one bland and nondescript blanket you are effectively ideologically carrying out exactly what such dictators were enabled to do effectively in action through their own power over the people.

Therefore it is an entirely questionable and precarious situation - if somebofy devoutly starts to refuse to acknowledge or even show some respect for the diversity and independence of people and their rights to freedom of speech. instead wipe them out (literally or figuratively) through bigotry and blatant stereotypical white-washing (or should that be BLACK-washing?) *snigger*. Not a very intelligent thing to do - and continue to do - without reasonable support other than the fact that you don't like them because they aren't compatible with you.

I think this is a major cop-out - because by doing this sort of labelling all the time you are effectively doing nothing but dodging the issues, and distracting yourself and in the process attempting to distract everyone else from actually confronting and THINKING seriously about the information at hand.

Quite a deliberate and standard media practice mind you - I'm not surprised you take the easy way out by effectively mimicing every piece of propaganda force-fed to you through your favourite mainstream news. :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
TG said:
And so that makes you and your ideologies, what, completely flawless?
Of course it does.
Guess you don't know about "The Gospel According to Gonz."

:lol:

catocom

BeardofPants said:
Go Harmon! :headbang:

I'm friends with an american whole also renounced her US citizenship. I don't see the big-ass deal. :shrug:

If they just go, I don't have a problem at all with it.
What I have a problem with is "them" making a big deal out of it, for publicity.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
whoever wrote this said:
GO too far one way or the other, and then you are in dangerous waters - then you start the finger-pointing, the jeering, the cutting off of any voice that happens to disgree with your political ideas. The same thing happened both in, for instance - Maos China as well as Hitlers Germany - both opposite ends but both with lethal agendas and ideologies that sought to isolate the "good" from the "bad" the "moral" from the "immoral" the "right" from the "wrong etc..

Those with a true ideology, and belief in such, don't wish to cut "off of any voice that happens to disgree with your political ideas". Quite the contrary. I have complete faith in my ideology. I will show those who oppose me how they are mistaken.

I present ungodly amounts of evidence pointing to the timely demise of the liberal ideology. It has never worked. It cannot work. It will not work. Liberalism has killed more people, in the name of peace & justice, than conservatism. Hitler was a fascist, not a conservative. Mussollini was a facist. Stalin was a liberal. Marx & Lenin were liberals. What did they have in common with Hitler? They were bent on controlling the masses. They believed the state could better spend your money. They believed the state could better educate your children.. They believed they knew what was better for you than you, yourself. They, and those who share the same ideology, believe Karl Marx:
"From Each According To His Abilities, To Each According To His Needs"

That, in a more sensible time, was called thievery.

You control your destiny. If you fail, you fail. If you become the richest person in the world; I'll assume you earned it. It is not for some snot nosed maggot to determine what is rightfully mine. It is not for some politically correct guru to take from my childs mouth...today, tomorrow or after my death. Want to get something? Earn it. Want to go somewhere? Earn it. Wish your life was better? Make it so. Every living person has the ability & the duty to present a better world to those following. Some make small changes, other change the world. None of those things happen when the state is in charge.

Smaller government.
More freedom.
Less taxation.
More independence.
More individuality.

These things lead to prosperity for everyone. Something liberlaism can not & never has provided.

Lopan

Professur said:
And oddly enough, I am, and damn proud to present my british passport when I travel too. Maybe it's a matter of we don't appreciate what we have, until it's gone. Britain will never be home again, but it'll always be Home.

I agree I love being British. Whatever the case now we will go down in history on a par with the Greeks and Romans on sheer global influence alone.

Ive been around the world a couple of times and still nothing beats sunday afternoon down the pub. Watching the match in winter or chilling in the beer garden shooting the breeze in the summer.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ClaireBear said:
I don't get it either... :shrug:

I'm not "proud" to be British...

Not proud? You should be...
WC said:
We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old.

Last night I heard this & thought of you saying that. It made me want to take up the Union Jack & go kick some ass. That man was a leader.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
"An American businessman who has lived in Christchurch since 2001 "

he made this decision 3-4 years ago. And NOW he wants the world to know, sensationalism, and a poor slob dying for attention.

But just wait, he will introduce his merican ways to NZ and you all will never be the same.
"looks out to see the lines forming now for people to leave the country. looks pretty empty here"

Lopan

I have three favourites:

"I have not yet begun to fight."
- Captain John Paul Jones (aboard the Bon Homme Richard)
Bon Homme fought the British ship, Serapis.
The Sarapis Captain asked if Capt. Jones wanted to surrender.
Jones yelled back, "I have not yet begun to fight!".

The other two are football match chants.

"You're going home in a fucking ambulance"
"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

Sung to opposition supporters

I'll chuck this one in aswell just for Gonz

"The Americans will always do the right thing... After they've exhausted all the alternatives."
- Winston Churchill