largest passenger ship

Dave

237 feet tall and 1,112 feet long.

Built by Norwegian shipbuilder Aker Yards ASA, the ship cost $800 million and can carry more than 4,000 passengers. The world's previous largest ship, the Queen Mary 2, can carry about 3,000 people and is 151,400 gross registered tons. The Titanic's gross registered tonnage was 46,329.
If you want to sail on the new ship, it won't be cheap.
Prices for seven-day voyages range from $1,900 per couple for an interior room during the low season to nearly $2,500 for the same-size cabin with a balcony during high season, said Cindy Dangel, an on-board sales manager.
A deluxe room that sleeps 14 and costs $22,000 during peak season is booked until 2008, she said.
A three-level dining room seats 2,140. There are more than 2,000 deck chairs and an ice-skating rink. The fitness center measures 9,700 square feet and includes a boxing ring. The spa provides luxuries from teeth whitening to massages and a 13th-floor deck offers a rock climbing wall and a big wave pool with simulated surfing.

so...if you had the cash, would you take a trip on this beast?

do you think that something that conspicuous on the high seas would be a tempting target for terrorists? consider the hole they put in the side of the Cole with just a small boat packed with explosives.

I'd be more worried about someone setting off a suicide car bomb in the tunnel under the St-Laurence that I take home every night. A ship like that, on the high seas would be very difficult to approach.

bombing the Chunnel will never happen. It's the least secure border access to Britain. Fucking abomination.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article648252.ece

Four illegals in tunnel walk bid

Published: Today

FOUR illegal immigrants have been arrested after trying to WALK through the Channel Tunnel.

The men, all Afghans in their early 20s, were caught 2½ miles into the 32-mile Chunnel.

All had dodged strict security on the French side where about 1,500 asylum seekers live rough.

The men are thought to have cut through a 9ft high fence to break into the foot tunnel, which runs alongside high-speed goods trains.

A train driver spotted the men and reported them to French cops who halted services to catch them by train. Officers said the men were unhurt but “exhausted and hugely disappointed”.

And for my next trick, I'm going to predict the weather.

I love cruise ships.

And, SnP, you really don't notice all those people on board. The ships are so large that everyone really scatters out.

I think the largest I've been on is the Royal Princess, for 2 weeks out of London to Russia.

Without a second thought!

Really, if the $1900 includes food and such that is pretty cheap for two people to vacation for a week.

Your food is included if you eat in the dining rooms or the buffets. They do have specialty places that will cost you, such as the pizza parlor. Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks are extra.

But with the opportunities you have to eat on the house, I never paid for food on board. I always had a choice of early breakfast buffet, mid-morning snack, lunch, midafternoon snack, dinner, and midnight buffet. Is it any wonder I always came back a bit heavier. *sigh*

If I were to take a cruise, I think "Rock the Boat" by Hues Corporation would be stuck in my head the entire time.

Our house payment, utilities & food don't cost us $1900. month.

My rent, utilities, food, car payments and insurance don't cost me $1900 a month...but you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere to vacation for a week, for two people, including food, for less than that.

And don't forget the room service every day --- your bed made up, the bathroom and the room cleaned. In the evening, your bed is turned down. Heck, on one cruise, the service even laid out our nightwear.

My rent, utilities, food, car payments and insurance don't cost me $1900 a month...but you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere to vacation for a week, for two people, including food, for less than that.

I managed a shit load cheaper than that for a family of 5. Right up until that last toll booth.

I managed a shit load cheaper than that for a family of 5. Right up until that last toll booth.

I meant more of a...everything done for you vacation rather than a "we spent a week in a different city" type thing.

Back