largest passenger ship

I meant more of a...everything done for you vacation rather than a "we spent a week in a different city" type thing.

I've done that with my wife for less than $1900...All I had to do was arrange travel. Everything else was discounted MWR tours, lodging on on-base hotels, and eating reasonably. Just remember...caviar and escargot are only fish eggs and snails...;)

I've done that with my wife for less than $1900...All I had to do was arrange travel. Everything else was discounted MWR tours, lodging on on-base hotels, and eating reasonably. Just remember...caviar and escargot are only fish eggs and snails...;)

Yeah but the rest of the world can't stay at on base hotels...

Yeah but the rest of the world can't stay at on base hotels...

We saved, on average, 10 bucks a night. If you shop around, you can find the same kind of deals. They might be a bit further from the "action" than you'd like, but that's your choice. ;)

BTW...the biggest 'seller' for the on-base hotels is security, and not price. There is a down-side, too...no room service. Everything else is similar, including the rip-off mini-bar in the fridge, and the $1.00 plus candy bars.

Can you imagine S/Sgt Mackelroy doing room-service? He'd kick it down to Cpl Klinger who would force PFC Steppenhelffer to do it. By the time it showed up, yuo'd be dead from starvation.

A cruise ship is all about the service. They wait on you hand and foot.
Yes, it can get expensive --- but the pampering is worth it. :D

And don't forget the entertainment --- most ships have great shows and live entertainment. I was one the Royal Princess for 2 weeks --- and never saw the same live show twice. And, even better, after the family show in the evening, the crew will usually do an adult show for those who don't mind a little risque. hehehe

A cruise ship is all about the service. They wait on you hand and foot.
Yes, it can get expensive --- but the pampering is worth it. :D

And don't forget the entertainment --- most ships have great shows and live entertainment. I was one the Royal Princess for 2 weeks --- and never saw the same live show twice. And, even better, after the family show in the evening, the crew will usually do an adult show for those who don't mind a little risque. hehehe

Played a few cruises back in the olden days. It's not nearly as much fun for the employees and crew as for the passengers (as you might expect), but the entertainment was always expected to be top notch. I've always meant to go on one as a passenger but haven't yet.

I can't imagine spending $1900 in a week on ~anything~ cept for maybe really, REALLY good sex (fer a week)..

Interestingly, if you have even moderate people skills you really don't need to pay for sex at all (well, not up front anyway).

Back