lastname meanings?

Spunky

Fox, Plain old boring furry verminy (is that a word?!) Fox.

And i'ts not even like i take after the namesake either (smart/sly etc) only the verminy bit... :lloyd:

Uki Chick

Well, I think I have one of the best. My last name directly translated from Ukrainian to english can be one of three choices:

turn head
screw head
spin head

Take a pick!!!

Oz

Yer can't expect miracles in the cold weather...........

Coupla diff meanings I've found to me sirname......both borin' and I can't be arsed to type them out at the mo'....mebbe laters

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Schnider means Tailor in yiddish

cause my grandfather was a tailor, and when he got off the boat they said last name, he thought they said what is your occupation, and he said schnider

Uki Chick

Paul's sounds a little like mine.

My last name didn't start off as screw head.....

Long story short, my great-great grandfather stole something, went to court, got the judge to let him go, everyone started calling him spin head for spinning the judges head to look the other way and let him go, and the name stuck.

My original last name would have been Olejnik. It's presently Krutyholowa. Talk about a mouth full. Would rather have had the original.

Mirlyn

Looks like my tribal elders either lived near a marshy bog or were "dark skinned."

I'm white as hell (redhead), so I'm guessing its the former. :retard:

AssMonkey

my great uncle has been making a family tree for the last 15 years and as of right now, he has over 700 names in that book. also, my great great grandfather was a native brazilian that lived in the amazon for a while, and my uncle has recently found a really old book that not only contains some information about his tribe, it actually has a picture of him.

my last name means birth, by the way.

A.B.Normal

It originates from the term >ne ("not")
+ manikha ("tempter" or "deceiver") meaning "one who does not deceive".
This term may have been given as a nickname to an honest, straightforward,
upright, trustworthy person.

evilcool.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Anyone know the meaning of Crutchfield?

something about a large overpriced electronics mail/internet only megastore. hope that helps :D