Let the party begin

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld stepped down as defense secretary on Wednesday,

One down, how many to go?

Source

I wonder if Chuck Schumer will have the balls to follow through on his campaign promise to stop funding the war on terror.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld stepped down as defense secretary on Wednesday,
One down, how many to go?

Gonz, that's been a foregone conclusion for at least six months. It became imminent when "stay the course" stopped being a "stay the course" policy last week. The administration is getting ready to pull the plug on the Iraq debacle and they're lining up the scapegoats. Don't worry about him though, I suspect he'll be more than adequately compensated.

Gotta admire the timing though. Now folks like you can pretend it's all the democratic congress's fault even though they don't get sworn in until January. :lol:

I like your truck!

what's that beer though? I can't make it out.

It's not labatts surely? that's gnat's piss.

ah! :) ... any good?

(you know with a truck like that you really should go into de booberry smuggling game)

Have no idea. Never tried it. I don't think they make it any more. Since I kind of enjoy a Labatt's from time to time you'd probably think my judgement is suspect anyway. ;)

Suspect?
Extremely!

*passes name on to Scotland yard*

One thing you can say for the Belgians and the Germans - good beer! :toast:

I think Blatz went defunct in the early 60s.

possibly, but like schlitz i believe it was reborn as watery-ass common american swill, and i distinctly remember my colleague puking from six of 'em, in '87 or so when we was still a little too young to be drinking.

not what is needed for a party then.

What's the best US beer? (and / or Canadian too? )

what's your tipple normally?

me, i'll drink most things happily enough, but weak beer is crap , also not sweet wines either ...

not what is needed for a party then.

What's the best US beer? (and / or Canadian too? )

Doesn't exist in either country if its mass marketed...most are either watery pilsners or lagers. Canadians have this delusion that their beer is better, but I will guarantee that, in a blind taste test, they wouldn't be able to tell a US pilsner or lager from a Canadian pilsner or lager.

BB said:
what's your tipple normally?

me, i'll drink most things happily enough, but weak beer is crap , also not sweet wines either ...

I try to stick with micro-brews, but have been seen sipping on a Budweiser during hard times. I'd kill for a Lion's Head ale, though...

Molson's Special Export isn't too bad. As I said, I like Labatt's although I miss the pony bottles of my youth. Sam Adams lager at the bar. There's a bar in Nashville (and in other cites as well) called The Flying Saucer that has 75 beers and ale ales on tap. Plenty more in bottles as well.

... Canadians have this delusion that their beer is better...

yup. having lived right next to canada for some time, i'm pretty sick of hearing that one.

germans also suffer delusions about the quality of their brews, though they're obviously ahead of the canadians. sure, i can down a bunch of hacker-pshorr weiss and love every drop, but a lot of other stuff from germany is.... boring.

microbrews certainly are where it's at.

Wanna bet the Republocrats decide to hide behind their new friends & outvote (or continue to block) his nomination even though he has proven himself to be quite adept for the job.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush will make a push to get confirmation for John Bolton as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations before power in Congress shifts to the Democrats, the White House said on Thursday.

source

Wanna bet the Republocrats decide to hide behind their new friends & outvote (or continue to block) his nomination even though he has proven himself to be quite adept for the job.

source

Funny, I thought he'd been confirmed. :shrug: I'm not sure that's a very critical position any more given the mutual contempt between the US and the UN though.

Bolton proved he shouldn't be in any way involved with the UN long before he was. He needs to go.

Back