Life is too short, take advantage now

Uki Chick

While you still can, take advantage of every moment and cherish it. Whether it be good or bad because you never know what can happen.

I had a friend of mine die on monday afternoon in a motorcycle accident. He was only 26 years old.

He decided to go on a trip with his older brother, a very good friend of mine and his older cousin. They left on thursday morning for a leisurely trip through the maritimes on motorcycle for their holidays.

On monday afternoon, his motocycle collided with a farm tractor trailer in Linden, near Pugwash, Nova Scotia. The tractor reportedly pulled out onto the highway and didn't see the motorcyclist.

So now, I'm going to see my friend lying in a coffin tomorrow night and be buried on friday morning instead of seeing him going out partying and enjoying life.

Deepest condolences. It always sucks a little worse when you don't get the chance to say goodbye properly.

Even if I believe you don't live only once, I still think we should make every effort to make ourselves better and enjoy as much as we can. Cheers gal! :hug:

Thanks everyone! It's gonna be hard to be at the funeral home tomorrow. It's gonna be packed which will make Paul closterphobic. He was so well liked by the community and all. He had a lot of friends.

We just got back from the funeral home. I never want to experience something like that again. The line up to get in was around the block. It look us over 1 hr to get in to the parlor just to visit the family. It's sad that someone so young had to go. The hardest part was seeing him lying in the coffin and seeing his brothers face. Very tough! I wouldn't wish something like this on my worst enemy.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Uki and Paul. Friends are like family sometimes, and their loss hurts just as much. :(

Back