Life sucks.

ph33rb0 said:
Age is not an influential factor on much of anything except for maybe the size of a girl's tits or the amount of wrinkles someone has.

Yeah, right

How many other 15 year olds do you know who can create an entire site driven by PHP/mySQL?

Fluffy, how old were you when you started programming that other site?

I like to call this... "agism."

It's a form of discrimination, you know.

So is not letting children drink or vote. What's your point?

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me out. I think though, I have gotten over most of the inital pain.

As did all the rest of us. Just FYI, I started dating my wife when I was 12. We broke up several times over the years. I've been going out with her longer than you've been alive. Call me in 20 years or so, and we'll talk about love. When you've had a little experience.

Well, now I know I should stay completely away from the Love & Lifestyles forum.

Learn something new every day.

ph33rb0, they aren't trying to put you down. After you've been dumped by six or a dozen more, you'll have a better perspective on what some of these guys were trying to say in their own way. When you're young these things seem more important then they will after some time has passed.

chcr said:
ph33rb0, they aren't trying to put you down. After you've been dumped by six or a dozen more, you'll have a better perspective on what some of these guys were trying to say in their own way. When you're young these things seem more important then they will after some time has passed.

Leave it to the ChCr to be the voice of reason and tell you what you neede to hear. he is exactly right.

ph33rb0 said:
Well, now I know I should stay completely away from the Love & Lifestyles forum.

Learn something new every day.

If all you want is a pity party, then yes, stay out of the L&L forum. Since you posted here, and said you have no idea what to do, it was reasonable to assume you wanted some actual advice.

And as for the "age isn't important" thing, it really is. Well, less age, more maturity. Age is a big factor in maturity, though. Programming web sites with SQL requires almost no maturity. It takes a lot of brain power, to be sure, but I wouldn't let someone's computer knowledge be a factor in the decision of whether to leave a child in his or her care for more than 30 seconds.

Alpha's three step program to moving on:

1. Get over the girl.
2. Get over the break up.
3. Get over yourself.

Sweetheart, it hurts like hell now - we've all been there & looky looky we all survived! But ye know what - you'll get over it & find a new love, so stop being so melodramatic - it just leads to ulcers and the like. Get off yer tusch and find a new interest (or rekindle old ones) and get on with your life.

I'm really sorry to hear it ph33rbo. I went through a heartretching break up just over a year ago. I was a wreck for SO long. Prof gave me the same story he gave you about how him and his wife broke up SO many times since they were 12 and evetually ended up together. I told him he was a nut case and that wouldn't happen for me. Well, you know what? It didn't happen for me but it could have. The guy wanted back together in April. I couldn't do it though, I had moved on, I had acquired a desire for more, for experience and adventure. If we had gotten back together (errrr...remained back together as we were back together for like a weeK) we both know it could have prolly gone somewhere. But, over the time we were apart I had realized that there is more out there, better out there. He was hurt when I woudln't give it another go but he has since realized that there is more out there aswell.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is...I KNOW it hurts, I have been there. I know what Prof said and what I am about to say will mean nothing to you now. I hope that one day soon you look back on it though and can see what we are saying and appreciate it because when you can do that it will mean you are on your way to bigger and better things (or on your way back to a improved version of what you just lost).

If it's true love it will work out, you will somehow end up together. If it is not true love one day that realization will slap you in the face (pretty literally too).

But, for right now, I wish you the very best and all the strength needed to get over this. Don't listen to those people telling you to suck it up and be a man blah blah blah. It hurts, I know it does and even though I know you probably can't believe this right now. One day all that hurt will be gone. I was 18 when I went through this and I was still young enough to bounce back so you are too.

:hug:

Back