Like father, like son - fishing

MrBishop

My son just caught his very first fish (a rainbow trout of good size for a 3yr old) this past weekend. Its a shame that I wasn't there to see it live, because I was working...but Mrsbish took some nice pics.

Here's a quasi triptych
biggrin.gif

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I caught an 8 pound large-mouth the other day. :swing: Used a red, 7", soft-plastic worm on a slow retrieve. He inhaled it so far into his mouth I had to use the needle-nosed pliers to get the hook out. The worm was useless afterward.

Gato_Solo said:
Aroud these parts, that's considered barely legal. I've seen larger clear the lake surface. They get big down here...real big. ;)
my biggest bass was around 4lbs.
Canadian record is around 10.

Djcake said:
my biggest bass was around 4lbs.
Canadian record is around 10.

Up until 10 years ago, the largemouth bass record in South Carolina had been fairly untouchable. P.H. Flanagan caught a 16-pound, 2-ounce largemouth bass in Lake Marion in 1949, and that mark had remained ever since. Then, in 1993, Mason Cummings of Aiken, matched the record with a fish pulled from a private pond.

Only source I could find... :shrug:

scinky.jpg

The above picture is on this page.

Gato_Solo said:
I caught an 8 pound large-mouth the other day. :swing: Used a red, 7", soft-plastic worm on a slow retrieve. He inhaled it so far into his mouth I had to use the needle-nosed pliers to get the hook out. The worm was useless afterward.

I prefer bleeding tubes, myself. Stuff the hollow with summat bleeding and smelly before you texas rig the hook. Nothing, but nothing is gonna pass on that.

Professur said:
I prefer bleeding tubes, myself. Stuff the hollow with summat bleeding and smelly before you texas rig the hook. Nothing, but nothing is gonna pass on that.

Scented bait is god, but I prefer the regular soft plastics. If needs be, I can use a hollow crawdad, stuffed with shrimp paste, but I don't find that too sporting. ;)

Back