Like this is really going to help...

eh, I got one of them. They can get You killed though...depending on who's
on the other end, and if you don't hit um just right.

Too damn survivable. I agree with the "run if you can" philosophy, but if I'm in a spot where I feel I need to use the weapon, I want the fucker DOWN. Not bleeding from a .22 round that failed to penetrate the skull - DOWN, and not moving.

If he's not bugging out from a head hit, he won't breathe after the next six. The advantage of the .22 is accuracy. You can point-and-shoot and expect to hit within inches. 'specially the long barrel.

At ranges too close to run, the .357 is just as accurate. I also don't want to be spraying ammo around with, say, the wife and kid in the next room. That's the same argument against the major advantage of an auto (capacity). Put him on the ground, with a minimum number of rounds, and no possibilities of a jam or stovepipe.

They sell long-barrels in most calibres...you just have to be willing to pay the price in encumberance and weight. Six inch barrels are probably the best trade-off, though, which seems to give the edge to .22's. Just have plenty of rounds handy...in the clip...It may take ten to bring who-ever-it-is down, but if they're smart, it'll only take one to scare them off.

Oh, if I'm gonna "carry" it, the one HL has there is great.
Otherwise I want the accuracy.
But as HL said, I want something that there's NO possibility of a jam, or mishap.
Yep, if I'm gonna shoot someone, I want that stopping power.

Difference of locals, I guess. Up here, unless the other guy's got killing on the mind, a .22's more than enough to send them running. Less likely to penetrate walls and harm by-standers too. In fact, I think we've already hashed this point out and came to an agreement that they all take a back seat to a 12 ga loaded with bird shot for home defense.

Professur said:
Difference of locals, I guess. Up here, unless the other guy's got killing on the mind, a .22's more than enough to send them running. Less likely to penetrate walls and harm by-standers too. In fact, I think we've already hashed this point out and came to an agreement that they all take a back seat to a 12 ga loaded with bird shot for home defense.

For close encounters of the worst kind. :grinyes:

A handgun is handy but I prefer them for personal protection while out & about with the masses. For your house, in the middle of the night, this is easier
0004770029591_215X215.jpg

Gonz said:
A handgun is handy but I prefer them for personal protection while out & about with the masses. For your house, in the middle of the night, this is easier
0004770029591_215X215.jpg

The barrel is too long. A coach-gun would work much better for home defense.

Back