Little help?

In which case, it'll go right back.

They gave me a temp window tag good for 3 months. It's going to take until November 25 to get me a fucking tag? Unc, how long did your vanity plate take?

That's something I noticed down there. When you buy a car, they let you drive it about for a month without tags??? Just a dealership plate with the date bought written on it in permanent marker??

Professur said:
That's something I noticed down there. When you buy a car, they let you drive it about for a month without tags??? Just a dealership plate with the date bought written on it in permanent marker??

Yup. You have 30 days to get real ones, or to roll over the ones from your trade-in. Rolling them over requires paperwork from the dealer which takes about 30 days to get, so it's always close. If the dealership screws you over on the papers, the county offers a further 30 day extension.

Around here, instead of cardboard plates, they give you a piece of paperwork that you tape to the inside of the windshield. Usually the dealer designs some sort of plastic plate-type thingie with its name on it to go in that space.

Wow, here we just rolled over the old plates without hassel...the day we got the car...and then when they were up for renewal my mom got her custom ones...only took a few weeks for them to come in too me thinks...

Too bad I missed this because I would've suggested WAS HIS. :grinyes: After all...we all know that the wife gets the new car, and we get the beater, right? :D

Back