Living Will

highwayman

While I was watching the final round of the Masters this weekend, my wife and I got into a conversation about life and death, and the need for
living wills.

During the course of the conversation I told her that I never wanted to
exist in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and taking fluids from a bottle.

She got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all my beer.

Sometimes it's tough being married to a woman....any woman!!!!!

Just so you know, "women" is plural for "woman"... and it's hard enough being married to ONE woman, let alone multiple women.

Some folk feel that it's wrong to be married to more than one woman. Many married men feel that even just one is too many.

I don't. The missus gets everything.

If you're gonna do a will, do the damn thing right. Go to a notary. Those do-it-yourself kits are BS. They (in Quebec at least) still need to be notarized anyhow if there's any property to transfer. And given that I got shafted out of a dream house because of a small error on the owner's will ..... it's a sore topic for me.

I think I'll spring for a lawyer on this one. I want it all to be as airtight as possible considering the ex and all.

I could be wrong, but doesn't a "Living Will" deal more with what's to happen to you if your unable to make your own decisions (i.e. pull the plug, DNR, etc.) than with who gets your stuff?

Yup. But you get all that done as part of your Last Will and Testament and Power of Attorney. Since the missus is alive and healthy, and I have no siblings all my bases are covered. It's when you've got exs or siblings that you need to cover your ass.

You still might want a piece of paper divvying things up just in case you and the missus die together in a car crash or something.

so you all worried 'bout lightening bolts from on high er sumthin'?

ain't cher been to church lately?

Back