Lock your doors...

I saw that a while ago, best way to be safe is to learn about it and avoid spreading the news ;)

Well, I guess I'll be installing some latches w/masterlocks.:hmm:

Old school Rules.:beardbng:

Edit, I found that same one too Mr.B :thumbup:

Basically why I use Abloy (tm) locks at home... more elaboarate system and in order to get a new key made, you have to go to the company directly, sign, show ID and pay through the nose.

It's not like walking to the local hardware store and grabbing one off the rack.

/me wonders if this works for cars too. :eek3:

I remember my father coming out from a mall, using his key to get into the car, but that damn thing wouldn't start...then he realized, it's not his car. He got out, re-locked the car with his key and found his own car a few rows over.

Locks only stop honest people. After all .... you've got windows.

The last thing a thief wants is to draw attention. Going into a home through a window, open or closed, will draw attention...unless you either live far away from the main road, or your neighbors don't give a shit about crime. This does not take into account privacy fences and shrubbery that grows high enough to obscure the windows...

I'm not so worried about, like, thieves. Someones almost always here, and
I've gotta safe.
I mainly want to be alerted, to have time, to get ....prepaired. ;)

That's why you put bars on them ;)

Which only slow a determined thief down. Most locks, bars, and alarm systems are good enough to foil the opportunistic thief/crack-head/dope-fiend. Those are the ones bump locking. ;)

Noisy to break, messy and damaging to the skin.

Just use duct tape (Gorilla Tape might be best) to cover completely the window you want to break. Then gently crack it apart using some object. The tape will muffle the sound and all or most of the glass will be stuck on the tape as you take it off. ;)

Yup.

I have never locked my house. I don't even know where the keys are. :shrug:

Besides the four-legged guard, I'm surrounded by retired neighbors who confront anyone brave enough to venture down my driveway when I'm not home (the sign at the road says "Trespassers will be SHOT. Survivors will be shot AGAIN."), so there's no point in locking the doors.

Just use duct tape (Gorilla Tape might be best) to cover completely the window you want to break. Then gently crack it apart using some object. The tape will muffle the sound and all or most of the glass will be stuck on the tape as you take it off. ;)

Time consuming...much more so than for car thefts, where you can use a spark-plug to shatter the window, punch out a hole and reach in.

Back