LOL! You gotta be kidding!

tonksy

I get this in my ebay messages:

Hello. I can see that you have a good reputation
on eBay and are trustworthy. Currently I am for vacation in Latvia.
I am writing you to ask a favor of you not only will it help me out much
but you will also make a some amount of money just for helping me.
You see I have only taken $3,000 with me in cash and my credit card,
I have depleted all my cash and have been informed by my bank that
my card is restricted here. What I have in mind is that I can send you
some money via Paypal, after that you can inturn send the money back
to me via Western Union. I will pay you 7% for doing so
and I will pay you for all fees. Please help if you can it is very
important I need to get this done very soon as currently I am in a
internet cafe and waiting for your response.

HomeLAN

So, what's the etiquette, here? I sold something (first time doing that on e-bay), shipped the next day. Considering he's in CA, he won't have it yet.

Should I leave feedback first, or await his?

tonksy

I always leave feedback when I ship. A lot of people hold it back until they get it but :shrug:
I feel I have nothing to hide and if they leave me bad feedback I can always reply to it. Besides me giving feedback gives me a place to tell them when I shipped. Here is a sample of my feedback when I am feeling generic:

Great ebayer! Shipped 4-25.

Sometimes I add a little bit more but not usually. You sold that thingie? Did you do well?

HomeLAN

Eh. I only got $11 after fees and shipping, but considering the bloody thing was 4 years old, that's not too bad.

Professur

The seller is supposed to post his feedback when he receives the money. The buyer at that point has done his part. I've had a few people tell me that they only give feedback after getting it. I immediately report them to Ebay. I damn well pay quick, and they think they're gonna hold my good feedback hostage against their own cockups? I don't think so, Tim.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This ebay crap is too much work...search, bid, rebid, haggle, ship, pay, feedback, reports to ebay...damn, I'm going to Wal Mart & savings 30% & lots of time.

HomeLAN

Actually, if you have a paypal account, it's fucking easy. I had a label printed, all fees paid, and my net balance sitting in my paypal account within 3 minutes, with a few clicks. Drop the thing in my mailbox, put the flag up, and I was done.

Uki Chick

I agree to an extend with Prof though. I just started on Ebay. I've just purchased a second item. The first one gave me feedback after I gave it to him and the second one hasn't left me any feedback as of yet. He's gotten the money, now I'm just waiting for the merchandise.

Professur

Sorry, guys, but pricks like that are usually covering their asses for a reason. And if they're gonna do that, I'd jsut as soon have known in advance so that I know that all their feedback is biased.

tonksy

Oh I agree with you, Prof. I have only withheld feedback once and it was because the guys was a total prick in Austraila who couldn't understand why I couldn't squeeze his extra large LOS ANGELES Raiders sweatshirt into a flat rate global priority envelope. He didn't like the price of shipping and basically accused me of trying to rob him. Fucker got the VINTAGE sweatshirt for 9.99 plus the $20.00 shipping. I mean, how the fuck was he going to find that sweatshirt in Australia for less than $30? So I knew that he would be a problem so I held his FB until he made nice and left me good.

Professur

tonksy said:
Oh I agree with you, Prof. I have only withheld feedback once and it was because the guys was a total prick in Austraila who couldn't understand why I couldn't squeeze his extra large LOS ANGELES Raiders sweatshirt into a flat rate global priority envelope. He didn't like the price of shipping and basically accused me of trying to rob him. Fucker got the VINTAGE sweatshirt for 9.99 plus the $20.00 shipping. I mean, how the fuck was he going to find that sweatshirt in Australia for less than $30? So I knew that he would be a problem so I held his FB until he made nice and left me good.

Sorry, but all your good intentions, and reasoning aside, it's still wrong.

I presume he confirmed the shipping cost before he bid?

tonksy

Professur said:
Sorry, but all your good intentions, and reasoning aside, it's still wrong.

I presume he confirmed the shipping cost before he bid?
No! And part of my seller requirements is that International bidders are to contact me for shipping costs BEFORE they bid. He was a complete nightmare and I am sure that the only reason he gave me positive feedback was because I withheld his. Wrong, it maybe but I am glad I did it.