Long weekend...

HomeLAN said:
He may be re-carpetting another area of the house. Refinishing hardwoods makes a lot of dust, and they may need to have it done BEFORE the new carpet gets there so that the carpet doesn't get snowed on.

Ah, gotcha. I don't like people who cover hardwood with carpet. Carpet can be so dirty. I only like it in bedrooms...and even then, if the bedrooms already had hardwood I'd just go with an area rug instead of wall to wall carpet.

Yep. The first thing we did when we bought ours was to 86 the carpet and refinish the really nice hardwoods underneath. At this point, there's only one room in the house with carpetting. We eliminated a shitload more when we took the basement to tile floors.

gonz - that licks. there's few things more barbaric than refinishing floors. i did a loft space of about 3000 square feet once, and my hamstrings hated me from bending over to use the shitty little edge sander.

HomeLAN said:
Yep. The first thing we did when we bought ours was to 86 the carpet and refinish the really nice hardwoods underneath. At this point, there's only one room in the house with carpetting. We eliminated a shitload more when we took the basement to tile floors.

I remember when my parents' friends moved into their house...they had carpet in their livingroom and they tore it up to put down hardwood a few months later...they found strip hardwood underneath. They were SO happy! They refinished it and it's BEAUTIFUL!

So, V2.0's party is done, and no one died. Yay!

When we did the piñata, I counted 32 kids. I may have been a hair off, since I was adjusting the height for kidsand focussing on that, but I'm within one or two. The spouse did a paper count off the guest list, and figured out we had 81 souls at this bloody thing. We went through 75 hotdogs in an hour.

Points & laughs at HomeL....

Ohhhhh, look at the pretty colors :D

23-solvent.jpg

Hahahahaaaa! My weekend is still looking better than yours! I'll be drinking and gaming for the next two days. You'll be doing...what, exactly?

Thank God I'm too far to come over there. Friendship sometimes sucks. BTW, Unc and tonks, thanks for all your help today.

I can't find where someone was talking about memorial day + nascar but I'd just like to say that I hate memorial day because there has been TOO MUCH Nascar on my TV this weekend :mad:

Gonz said:
Then go outside or change the channel

I spent all day today until 3pm and essentially all day yesterday outside...despite the heat...I can only take so much sun beating down on me before I get headachy...and I spent all day Sat running around looking at cars...I haven't been home much but any Nascar is too much Nascar.

On another note, in honour of your memorial day I am listening to Billy Ray Cirus "Some gave all"

Back