longest shift you have put in at work

CS

Aunty Em said:
Actually if you're talking about "exercises".... 48hr worst case scenario weekend exercise in the observer corp command bunker in colchester. It's quite scarey being locked in behind an airlock pretending the world has ended outside and plotting nuclear ground and air strikes over, military installations and major centres of population,etc. plus radiation levels, windspeed, wind direction, radioactive fallout, issuing fallout warnings, etc. - you have to learn to plot the map co-ordinates backwards on the perspex screens and man the radios on 2hr rotational shifts calling each outpost in your sector every 15 minutes and gathering info. No-one got much sleep... I did try a couple of hours but I was too wired.

Most people in the UK have got no idea just how many underground bunkers there are which they aren't included in should the worst ever happen!

:eek: Any near Watford!

Aunty Em

CS said:
:eek: Any near Watford!
If I told you that I'd have to kill you! :lol:

Actually it's more than 10 years since I left so I'm no longer prevented from saying anything by The Official Secrets Act... But Watford is not under colchester's control so I wouldn't know the exact location of your bunkers anyway as I was only a lowly observer. Done for obvious reasons of security.

Anyway, you didn't get into the Observer corp without being thoroughly vetted by the security services first back in them there days. So I guess I must have been a goody goody at that time... or at least they hadn't caught me doing anything against national security. Don't think I'd get in now my views have somewhat changed. Going on Peace marches might have something to do with it... :D

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
I never had a real job but i went with my mom to work to help out in the shop. Central called at 4am and told her she had to go to the store because the alrm went off. Sinc ei was up i went to work with her and didnt get off till around 7. and i woke up at 2pm the day before i went with her. so 15 hours of work. and i was awake for over 24 hours. needless to say i slept REALLY good when i got home

pc_builder

My longest shift was 23hrs. Taxi driving.
I had to drive someone from Fargo, ND to Rochester, MN, wait for him, then drive him back again. When I got back to the office it was exactly 23hrs after I had left there.

I regularly work 11hr shifts.