Looking for comments on latest website

fury

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.wavelock-rf.com/show.php?s=About+Us

I made a script that's a simple templatified CMS to run the site, and the site is live now, just looking for comments on design and maybe doing a few finishing touches.

The links along the bottom link to the other sections, the links at the left hand column are to the sub-sections within each section. Just in case you get a little confuzzled.

Thanks in advance.

Nice. I think too many business sites want to put up lots of bells and whistles on their sites to show how "tech savvy" they are. I like business sites like this that are more understated and to the point. Just my opinion. :) I might put a link to "Home" in the left panel of each page, then again maybe not. Excuse me while I vacillate. :lol: (Can you say "vacillate" on the forum?)

Like the colors too, BTW.

So far the only thing i noticed was a missing "home" link in the company's logo.

Other than that it looks simple and nice, just as it should be.

i would definately go for a bit more contrast on the page...different colors for item headers, maybe a small line between the items...

also: why the use of inline CSS? linking is a lot easier and clearer to maintain.
i'd definately make more use of tables within tables.
now you're using a huge amount of <br />'s. if you just add another table, you can easily ajust spacing and padding. and instead of adding 3 breaks, you can add one row and cell, with a certain height.
that way it's also a lot easier to alter headers, since you can give make use of <td class="suchabeautifuheader"> and stuff like that.

and i'd run it through the w3 validator once in a while ;)

just my two cents :)

i would definately go for a bit more contrast on the page...different colors for item headers, maybe a small line between the items...

Now see, I like the muted contrast better myself. I guess the trick probably is to figure out what your target audience (in school, that's the customer base, but in the real world, it's the people who are paying you to design the website ;) ) likes better.

Good point about the W3 validator though. You're checking it in more than one browser, I'm sure. Later I'll look at it through mozilla in redhat and see if there's any diference.

Shadowfax said:

also: why the use of inline CSS? linking is a lot easier and clearer to maintain.
i'd definately make more use of tables within tables.
now you're using a huge amount of <br />'s. if you just add another table, you can easily ajust spacing and padding. and instead of adding 3 breaks, you can add one row and cell, with a certain height.
that way it's also a lot easier to alter headers, since you can give make use of <td class="suchabeautifuheader"> and stuff like that.

and i'd run it through the w3 validator once in a while ;)

just my two cents :)
Um... that's embedded CSS... in the head of the document... inline is in the individual tags in the body of the document. But I would probably have linked it too... only 1 item to update. I would have made more use of the table as well.

I personally like the appearance as it is... simple and straight forward. You don't need bells and whistles in my opinion, the content is more important than the window dressing.

Put the home link in the company logo, and I think it looks and feels great.

:wink2:

Back