love is in the air

tonksy

Not quite first responder. I am CPR/first aid qualified and working on instructor.
I've been CPR/first aid qualified off and on for most of my life. I almost had instructor by the time I got out of the Navy. I picked up the certification again since I am a Scout leader. Once I get the instructor cert. I will be teaching the other scout leaders/scout parents.

Altron

I was First Aid certified for three years, and CPR certified for one year. Never renewed 'em.

browneyedMAC

thanks you guys, you've all been wonderful!! and i've taken just about everyone's advice...*lol*....i've self medicated, and now i'm going to see a counselor that my high school will recommend....*sigh*...plus i've decided to go to the funeral home to see her. i'm hoping that picture will take the place of the one i see everytime i shut my eyes...

browneyedMAC

love is in the air once more....read on.....

He proposed!!!
Current mood: ecstatic

well, where do i begin? my life has been such a roller coaster lately. last week was a doozy! my head was still reeling from the car accident i stopped to help at. and then, yep. david proposed saturday night at my brother's halloween party. it was amazing!!! he had planned it for two weeks. so, imagine his dismay when that accident happened and i was the walking wounded (emotionally) for two days. but i am a firm believer in timing. and his timing was right on and meant to be.

i gave the ACT test at my high school saturday morning. i then went to the church where ms. oliver was being shown before her funeral. i swear. the minute i left that church it was like the weight of the world came off of my shoulders. yeah, i cried. i cried a lot. but i was able to talk to the family. hug them. console them. and they consoled me. they were wonderful!! so as i drove away, i sighed one last time. apologized one last time to kristie (ms. oliver) that i couldn't do more to help her that day. and i began to sing with the radio. it was a healing experience. just as i had hoped.

well, healing and draining. so i came home. had to start getting ready for my brother's halloween party. i was tempted to try to talk david into skipping it altogether. but i didn't think that would be fair. so we went to dom and beths. beth fixed my hair and my cousins were in from pa. i had these high heels on and they were already hurting my feet. so imagine my irritation when david asked me to run out to the car to go get his riffle, as part of his costume so my mom could take our picture. but i did it. and as i came in.....the lights in the dining room where out. and there was this cake in the middle of the table. and they started singing happy birthday.

so, i'm standing there looking at them. probably with the dumbest look on my face. i couldn't figure out why they were singing happy birthday to me...my birthday's in november. so i looked behind me to see if someone else had come in. nope. just me. so i looked at the cake again. they're still singing happy birthday, and i read "dani, will you marry me? love david"...so they're singing happy birthday and i'm reading will you marry me. singing happy birthday, BUT reading will you marry me. it couldn't quite sink in. *lol*

so they get done singing and i'm just looking all around me, dumbfounded. david must have gotten nervous, because he looked at me and was like...."ok, so will you marry me?"....i started laughing and crying all at once and said "of course i will"...so it was wonderful. my mom and dad were there. dom, beth, and alysse were there. and some of my favorite cousins, jody, ron, and lizzie were there also! it was phenominal. he couldn't have made me happier. proposing in front of my family, so i could share that with them, meant the world to me. it was absolutely perfect.

i had planned on self medicating that night. i wanted to get rip roaring drunk to kind of shake off the funk from the previous few days. but i was on such a natural high after that, i didn't touch a drop of alcohol. well, until preston brought some champagne. then, i toasted to david and i and had some of that. but that was it. and i smiled from ear to ear. david made me the happiest person on earth. i love him so much. he makes me smile. and makes me laugh. and yeah, he's made me cry a few times too. but isn't life and love all about learning and growing? i soooo look forward to doing all of that and much much more the rest of my life with david....

love is in the air....once again....as it should be

amen