Lunch with Warren Buffett Bid Tops $455,000

highwayman

I'll bid five bucks for this auction to end...

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/6/23/132717.shtml?s=ic
A bidder has offered $455,100 to eat lunch with Warren Buffett, the most ever bid to dine with the billionaire investor, in an online charity auction on eBay Inc.

Buffett, the 75-year-old chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., has since 2000 annually donated lunches for up to eight people to benefit the Glide Foundation, a San Francisco non-profit that helps the poor, hungry and homeless.

Bidding began Thursday night and will end June 29 at 10 p.m. EDT (0200 GMT June 30). This year's winner will dine at a Manhattan steakhouse, Smith & Wollensky

Been to a good steakhouse lately? His bid isn't much more than the steakhouse charges for a meal normally.

Heck of a guy:

Buffett to begin disbursing fortune to foundations:

The gift — 10 million shares worth nearly $31 billion now — will dramatically enrich what is already the world’s biggest charitable foundation, considered a leader in international public health, particularly in the fight against HIV, malaria and tuberculosis. The Seattle-based organization formed seven years ago under the leadership of the Microsoft Corp. co-founder and his wife, Melinda, and has about $29 billion in assets.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2006/06/26/top_story/doc449f0703e2331608555224.txt

Warren Buffett has more money than God. Why would I pay to eat with him?

Maybe I should put an auction on ebay to have supper up here in the sticks and see if I can make a Franklin or two...

They would be going to the SnP/AE Rebel Roost Rebuilding A Life From Ashes Fund, a nonprofit (so far...) worthwhile charity designed to help displaced rednecks find housing.

SouthernN'Proud said:
They would be going to the SnP/AE Rebel Roost Rebuilding A Life From Ashes Fund, a nonprofit (so far...) worthwhile charity designed to help displaced rednecks find housing.
A lot less spurious than most...

Back