Lychees

Jeslek

Banned
I went to Zehrs and got a pound of lychees for $7. It is all finished now. 35 minutes. $7. :(

But it was good :D :D

Zehrs is like Loblaws.

Lychee is a tropical fruit. You peel the shell and inside is a white, jello like substace, sweet, with a ,.... err, lychee taste.

Zehrs, Loblaws, Grocery stores - a HUGE chain up here - close to monopoly, run by a VERY wealthy family.

Grocery stores I understand. There are way too many to keep track of in the US, much less from our neighbors to the north.

Thanks Leslie... Didn't realize Loblaws weren't in the US. Zehrs is cool though. They allow you to scan your own stuff and pay yourself. That way you don't need a cashier to do it for you. Self checkouts rule. :D

I figured Gonz :D

they're the kind where you can buy food, clothing, furniture, the kitchen sink...

Hm... not quite... Does Wal-Mart sell fruit? I don't know, I don't shop for fruit there. I usually go to Loblaws or Zehrs. Or Food Basics, but the other two has better quality.

last week we were in Zehrs, bought the groceries, a pot and pan and utensil set for hubby, underwear for hubby, a coffee maker and kettle, socks and a sweater each for the kiddies, and decided to go back next week for a cedar chest.

Aah, groceries I buy at Food Basics... I can't afford Zehrs. lol.

For more info on lychees: http://www.lychee.com/lychee.html

lychee2.jpg

For groceries plus it's an odd assortment...Meier in Michigan & Indiana, Smittys in Phoenix, super Wal-Mart damned near everywhere. Each state (or region) has a host of possibilities

Jerrek said:
Zehrs is cool though. They allow you to scan your own stuff and pay yourself. That way you don't need a cashier to do it for you. Self checkouts rule.

I guess they're cool if you only have $7 worth of fruit. I went through the self checkout at Winn-Dixie's tonight with just over $100 worth of stuff, and then had to bag it all myself. About 20 cans of soup and veggies plus everything else... :grumpy:

Jerrek said:
Hm... not quite... Does Wal-Mart sell fruit? I don't know, I don't shop for fruit there

mine sold watermelons and cantelopes but only during summer and those were the only fruits we sold.

Down here we have Walmart, Walmart Super center, and Walmart grocery stores. I would say that all three are within 10-12 miles.

Back