Lychees

there's a wally world grocery store, exclusively? That'll show up next.

Jerrek said:
Hm... not quite... Does Wal-Mart sell fruit? I don't know, I don't shop for fruit there. I usually go to Loblaws or Zehrs. Or Food Basics, but the other two has better quality.

yup

The walmart in square one has all that fun stuff in it

*thinks she needs to go to Waterloo to experience serve yourself check outs*

Jerrek said:
Thanks Leslie... Didn't realize Loblaws weren't in the US. Zehrs is cool though. They allow you to scan your own stuff and pay yourself. That way you don't need a cashier to do it for you. Self checkouts rule. :D

There are a few Loblaws in the US. Not many, and mostly in the NW, but they are here...

Gato_Solo said:
Jerrek said:
Thanks Leslie... Didn't realize Loblaws weren't in the US. Zehrs is cool though. They allow you to scan your own stuff and pay yourself. That way you don't need a cashier to do it for you. Self checkouts rule. :D

There are a few Loblaws in the US. Not many, and mostly in the NW, but they are here...

None out West either ,more of an eastern thing.

Minnesota has Cub Foods, Rainbow, Festival, Supervalu, there's a ton of different ones, wal-marts aren't nearly as all-inclusive.

As far as self service checkouts go, I don't think I like the idea very much. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist but I like to walk to a cashier, hand them my stuff, hand them my check card, and let them figure it out. It's bad enough that half the places around here make me swipe my own damn card when they need to see it anyways for a signature.

yummmmmyyyy ... lychee are one of the things we don't go to the store for ... we just pick 'em .. like guavas ... mangoes ... avacados ... liliko'i (passion fruit) ... wish I could chew .. I'm hungry now :D

nalani said:
yummmmmyyyy ... lychee are one of the things we don't go to the store for ... we just pick 'em .. like guavas ... mangoes ... avacados ... liliko'i (passion fruit) ... wish I could chew .. I'm hungry now :D
That is evil. And here I have to pay several dollars for any of those. Beh.

nalani said:

grrrrr.

Lychees are the poor man's rambutan. All you scummy lychee eaters want to live a little and get some rambutan in ya.

ipmoof said:
Lychees are the poor man's rambutan. All you scummy lychee eaters want to live a little and get some rambutan in ya.
Rambutan does not have the same flavor. Both of them are really tasty though.

Nixy said:
*thinks she needs to go to Waterloo to experience serve yourself check outs*

I tried those at the Super K-Mart, back when there was such a thing as K-Mart in Fresno (they closed all three Fresno locations, but left the Clovis location open--and it's run by a bunch of amateurs, or so it seems when you go there). The self-service checkouts aren't anything to get excited about.

a couple years ago i worked for nortel for a while configuring network switches for kmart's massive push towards modernizing their data systems. i remember joking with co-workers about how much self-checkouts with 100Mbps of switched throughput would do to save kmart's ass.

nalani said:

When I was in Panama, I used to pick my own mangoes, avacados, oranges, and, believe it or not, pineapples. There were also coconuts, cashews (especially the fruit that grows under the seed)...dayum. Now I'm hungry. :grumpy:

I don't care for Rambutan, though it's available here ...

Gato - you've made me hungrier than hungry now LOL

Anybody know what that fruit under the cashew is called? It's got a lot of liquid in it, a lot of sugar, but tastes very dry...kinda like there's alum in it. :shrug: I want one now, and I don't know where to get it here in the US. :grumpy:

Never mind...Found it here...

Perhaps Luis can scam some for us...

Back