Manual labor

i hate my job. all i do is sit at a computer and "help" people every 45 minutes or so.
it is so boring :(
at least it requires no thinking and gives me time for homework.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

From the age of 18-24 i worked out of the laborers union of north America. Just about every job i had was extremely hard physical labor. My body was a total rock in those days, especially since i always made myself work twice as hard as anyone around me. Realistically i think that kind of labor is a body destroying activity. Not to mention a mindless one. From there i moved on to commercial fishing which is even more mindless but still hard work. Nowdays i really despise mindless labor for someone elses benifit. I find i'm only satisfied if my mind is challenged. Which is why i'm now back in college at the ripe old age of 29. Hard physical labor is an honerable thing but not my bag. Nowadays i limit mine to climbing mountains or building a house for myself or a friend.

^ agreed. Physical labor to enrich others is just an annoyance. Physical labor to enrich the self, friends, family is a virtue. My last job was 3/4 physical, 1/4 desk. It was a decent ratio so long as the 1/4 desk time wasnt wasted on meetings and insipid drivel. The physical side became annoying when it was mostly used to bail out logjams created by others.

Back