Medeviel Times

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Anybody every go? My wife decided we should take our kid tomorrow. Looks entertaing enough. Anything we should know in adance?

* it so happens there's an Ikea nearby, how convenient for her :D

When I lived in San Fran, I remember going to The Rennaisance Fair and I loved it! The play-acting of the people who worked there, the food, the entertainment. It was my thing - still would be.

Would this be the same thing as what you are thinking of goig to ? Beer toting wench's and jesters...

Take a lot of money. We have one just up the road (There's actually a castle) Each weekend in May every year. It's fun, but expensive. Of course you've got the guys who take the whole mideveil thing way to seriously. Check out the jousting, it's cool.

For gods sake take extra wet wipes. Do the torture chamber tour..a buck...and tell the kids that you have some of that stuff in the attic should they ever be bad enough to warrant that...

...also...try the mead they have there...it's great. Well..some of them have it anyway.

Also, and we made this mistake once...if your wife wears something particularly slinky or low cut she MIGHT find herslef picked as the lady of love and light or something like that. It happened to my wife and she had to sit up there next to the "king" for quite some time, and even eat with them....

she wasn't happy. Bunch of mopes all hooting at her rack and such...

I thought it was funny....

I spent the night on the couch...

MADrin

It happens....the longest time I ever spen t there was when I put my wife on voyeurweb...

that bought me a few days....

I asked if I could put them there..she was the one who wanted the camera going after all....so I asked and she never said no..but she never said yes either...

so I put them up. She's pretty hot and people there liked it...even some of the gals...so it wasn't that big a deal I didn't think...

but she did.....

and then later when she saw the comments she thought it was ok....

fickle chick...

I used to go to the festivals so long as the authenticity never passed certain boundaries. When the beer was Watneys and the food was rustic... I was always there. When it shifted over to Miller beer and pizza... they lost me.

Fun. My kid loved the "battles". Way way overpriced. Worth it once to see him have the time of his life but, once is enough.

Way way overpriced.
Yep. My wife still insists we go to one festival day every year. I kind of feel like, if you've been to one, you don't really need to see another.

i go to the ones here from time to time i love them theyre so much fun! some of the pics(actually 3 0f 4) pics in a thread i have in creative arts forum is from one. i suggest it therye great. and some have swords you can buy :D i got me whip there :D

Back