Medical Marijuana...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
This is what happens when you try circumventing Federal Law...

SAN FRANCISCO — Employers can fire workers found to have used medical marijuana even if it was legally recommended, the California Supreme Court ruled Thursday in another setback for California in its increasingly rancorous clash with federal law over medical pot use.

The high court upheld a Sacramento telecommunications company's firing of a man who flunked a company-ordered drug test. Gary Ross held a medical marijuana card authorizing him to legally use marijuana to treat a back injury sustained while serving in the Air Force.

The company, Ragingwire Inc., successfully argued it rightfully fired Ross because all marijuana use is illegal under federal law, which does not recognize the medical marijuana laws in California and 11 other states.

Rule number one...If your job requires a drug test, don't use illegal drugs.

There are plenty of pain relievers out there for back pain. Flexeril (muscle relaxant) taken with Tylenol 3 comes to mind. Thats what the Air Force gives to me more often than not. Besides...his back pain, if traced back to the Air Force, should be treated by the VA. I know mine will. ;)

Yea, yea, just wait until the 9th gets it.

If they rule in this guys favor they would open up a can of worms that could get them 'papered'. I don't think they want that...especially since there was drug testing when that rube got hired. He knew the policy. :shrug: Besides...isn't that the same court thats against smoking? :bolt:

1. Yeah, sure. I've always suspected it's at least equally dangerous as tobacco but 20 times more? I doubt that very much.

2. Not however, in brownies. ;)

eh, I've got a strong digestive system right now, with the help of taking
prevacid every day.
I can skip one day, but that's it.
I'm at 231 right now, and need to get back below 220 again though, so...
guess I'll skip it, and go gather some copper, and work off some.

all marijuana use is illegal under federal law, which does not recognize the medical marijuana laws in California and 11 other states.

How can those states even pass a law that contradicts a federal law? :confuse3:

I wonder that myself sometimes luis.
It's supposed to be like a safeguard for states rights, but like everything else,
you have the extremest that don't have any digression, then there's the
fed that doesn't know where they should step in, and where they should
give the state power.

It's been a fed law all my life that I know of, and that's the way it is.
(where the state comes in is if they want even tighter laws, not opposing)

How can those states even pass a law that contradicts a federal law? :confuse3:

The eternal American question.

Who trumps who? That is what a civil war was fought about (*well, that and those slaves)

For the 382nd time, there was never a civil war in this country. By definition.

*kicks Gonz in the ass...for the 382nd time...*

*sigh*

A civil war is defined as two separate factions fighting for control of the SAME government. The Confederacy never once wanted control of warshinton...we wanted AWAY from it.

Still do.

Hence, it was not a civil war by definition. It was an invasion. Call it what it was.

Back