Medieval Times

FluerVanderloo

Has anyone ever gone before? What did you think of it?

I went in January 2004 and I loved it, now I work there! I just started on Thursday.

You get to go and eat like an Olde Time Knight. Drumsticks and no utensils and steins and all that, while watching a jousting show.

It`s the grade 6 field trip at my kids` school. They have a blast.

It only costs half a bajillion dollars.

Yup, pretty much. It's about $50 for an adult admission.

And what Leslie said: food and jousting. It's a pretty good show, and the food is awesome. I can smell it from outside of the arena with the doors shut and it's a killer!

www.medievaltimes.com

Okay. It looks like one is being built in the Atlanta area as we speak.. all the way out in Lawrenceville. *choke* Lawrenceville?! The damn thing might as well be in another state. They built the damn thing all the way out past the NE Atlanta frontier. What in gods name for? ...to keep it close to horse stabling? ... certainly not close to the population.

Maybe they figure that's where the growth is headed.

The kids would probably love you forever if you took them there.

Gotta age em up a little first. They're a little skittish to too much stimulation.

Whats the menu? Do I have a hope in hell of getting something that wont kill me when I fork over $200+ for the family?

Medieval Times said:
With clockwork precision, legions of serving wenches and serfs deliver four courses to hungry guests in minutes. The meal begins with savory garlic bread and a steaming hot vegetable soup ladled into pewter bowls: then come roasted chicken, spare rib, a seasoned potato and pastry of the Castle. Two rounds of beverages are included with the feast. Cash bar service is also available throughout the show. To the special delight of the guests, the feast is served "medieval style" - without silverware, but with plenty of extra napkins.

Allergy / Strobe Warning
Medieval Times is a live horse show in an enclosed arena. Persons with respiratory conditions, allergies, or asthma attend at their own risk.
Medieval Times uses stroboscopic and pyrotechnic effects.

Muy authentico!

monica,
what shall by thine task at yon joust hall? Art thou to be a tavern wench?

The meal begins with savory garlic bread(nope)
and a steaming hot vegetable soup ladled into pewter bowls: (nope)
then come roasted chicken,(50/50)
spare rib,(nope)
a seasoned potato(50/50)
and pastry of the Castle.(nope) I'm gonna starve.

Two rounds of beverages are included with the feast. Cash bar service is also available throughout the show.

So I can order a few beers and bring in my own pizza... swell... and I still gotta tip and burn up about $30 in gas. *rubs eyes with palms* ugh...

*was napping at this threads birth
While never having been to one I am aware of what they are and it would be right up my alley :D

Tonksy
used to be a medieval reenactor

I went to one but can't remember where ... I think it may have been Vegas or Arizona. It was during that year that I went trapsing (did I spell that right?) all over the continent... we had a blast though. Drank lots of ye olde ale :D

I went there once. The show wasn't bad. I really didn't care for the food and the pop they served was flat.

What were pretty cool were the medieval weapons you can buy.

I want to go SOOOO BAD! My brother went on a school trip once...I have never been...*adds it to list of things to do when she has money*

Nixy said:
I want to go SOOOO BAD! My brother went on a school trip once...I have never been...*adds it to list of things to do when she has money*
Ahh, come on. It's the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in a barn.

Sorry Fluer, I hope it's a great place to work, but my wife has to go to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire every darned year. The reason we don't live like that anymore is because it sucked. :grinyes: I'll eat with a knife and fork and without the livestock in the same room thanks...

Back