Medieval Times

we have something similar around here called King Richards Faire. its fun but costs a small fortune.

chcr said:
Ahh, come on. It's the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in a barn.

Sorry Fluer, I hope it's a great place to work, but my wife has to go to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire every darned year. The reason we don't live like that anymore is because it sucked. :grinyes: I'll eat with a knife and fork and without the livestock in the same room thanks...

I've never been to the rennaisance pleasure faire...if I had maybe I wouldn't feel the need to go to Medieval times :p

unclehobart said:
Allergy / Strobe Warning
Medieval Times is a live horse show in an enclosed arena. Persons with respiratory conditions, allergies, or asthma attend at their own risk.
Medieval Times uses stroboscopic and pyrotechnic effects.

Muy authentico!

monica,
what shall by thine task at yon joust hall? Art thou to be a tavern wench?
question pending.

FluerVanderloo said:
I don't, know I've frequented the Maryland Renaissance Faire for four years now, and I still love Medieval Times.
Ahh, but see, you're in love with a romanticized version of what you think midieval life was like. Take a bath twice a year and live with the livestock for a while. While we're at it, as a girl you are property, to be dealt to the families advantage like a prize cow (probably not as highly prized as the cow though). I could go on and on, but you probably get the point. I like history. Midieval Times (and Renaissance Faires) are anything but. Pedantic of me, I suppose, but there you are. :shrug:

The work took us to something similar (minus the horses) 2 christmas' back. I was ready to walk after abut 2 minutes. I'm not big on crowds and their noises, and this place had absolutely no noise control at all. Add that to a french-speaking joker/fool who had a chance to poke fun at an "Englishman" and I was damn close to taking a sword off of one of the actors and "going postal". Luckly the beer was free flowing, and the venison perfect. But once the desert plates had been cleared, I was the first on out the door.

unclehobart said:
question pending.

I thought I answered it but maybe I forgot to hit submit. I'm what they call a tower wench, I take everyone's tickets and give them their seating cards, then push them over to get their crowns and pictures.

Back