Meeting the parents...

Jon

So, me and Emma have been together for 6 weeks now. She's met my parents, and she met my mum about 3 weeks ago - all went exceedingly well :)

Now it's my turn, and to say I'm nervous is... well, moreorless spot on :D

Going down to Reading today, as my brother graduates from the Army Technical Foundation College tomorrow - gonna take loads of pictures; I'm so, so proud of him!

Then on the Thursday, I'm meeting Emma at London Kings Cross station, where we embark on The Journey™ to Peterborough, when I finally get to meet the mother and father of my love :love:

I'm setting off at 2pm - keep this place warm, and wish me luck :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's so sweet! :)

Don't fret too much, Jon, just remember to be yourself, be polite, and everything will be great.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself!!!

What leslie said! Being genuine and polite is the best way to be when meeting the 'rents. They can probably spot bullshit a mile away.

Don't be nervous, I'm sure they'll adore you. :)

Buy some flowers or something like that for her Mum, and remember to thank her for having Emma. That's always a good way to start. :wink2:

and also show them you really care for her. and be polite dont be an ass. youll be fine your a good guy.

and also show them you really care for her

that does not include humping her in front of her parents :D
and PT....seriously....bringing flowers to the mum, isn't that a bit sucking up?
maybe culture difference or something, but it isn't something i would do...

Shadowfax said:
and PT....seriously....bringing flowers to the mum, isn't that a bit sucking up?

hey my exs mom used to hit on me its the same its not sucking up its helping the person to accept you ;)

Shadowfax said:
that does not include humping her in front of her parents

strange it works for me all the time ;) :D

Shadowfax said:

Um, yeah. Your point? :D

No, seriously, you do it with sincerity. Women love that stuff. Giving her Mom flowers would not only impress her mom, it would impress her too. I used to send my girlfriends mom flowers on my girlfriends birthdays.

I used to send my girlfriends mom flowers on my girlfriends birthdays.

bwahahaha, sorry :D:D that's fucked up man! :D ok, perhaps this is the reason i don't have a gf, but damn...you're screwing the daughter, not the mom...
on other occasions it's appropriate to give her flowers, but on the BD of her daughter? lol!

Ok, but I'm telling you, get in with the parents. And the flowers were in appreciation for having thier daughter. I really didn't do it just to suck up either.

If you're going to do something like that, why not bring something Dad will enjoy too? Dessert or a bottle of wine or something. Not fair to leave out the Dad. :)

And the flowers were in appreciation for having thier daughter. I really didn't do it just to suck up either.

ok, sorry that i laughed :) that is kinda sweet i guess...still not something i would do, but sweet nevertheless

Shadowfax said:
bwahahaha, sorry that's fucked up man! ok, perhaps this is the reason i don't have a gf, but damn...you're screwing the daughter, not the mom...

:hmm: are you sure about that ;)

HomeLAN said:
You got it made. All you gotta do is fake some sincerity.
Well, faking works if you're good at it. True Sincerity works even better.

Shadowfax said:
naughty boy, you.....

hey only girls can say that ;) and i was referring to pt most other would just sleep with the gf ptis different. hell read nixys thread about theoretically. ;)

Shadowfax said:
and also show them you really care for her

that does not include humping her in front of her parents :D
maybe culture difference or something, but it isn't something i would do...

just what i thought.

Jon, just be yourself, talk to them, listen to what they say, offer help if needed, that's what i do, but then again that's the way I am. If you're not like that, well, then it is better that they know you the way you are.

Jon, just be yourself

that's pretty all that's up to it...don't act differently, otherwise they might be surprised in the end...and don't overdo on the 'being-nice' thingie....:D

Back