Memories

PostCode

Major contributor!
I'm sitting here listenig to some music and this particular song I'm listening to is, for some reason, bringing up some old memories of the time I spent in Germany back in 87/89. Why, I have no idea. It must be that while I was over there, music was a way of staying in touch with life.

For some reason though this song brings back memories of a certain girl over there. Wierd. I can't remember ever listening to the song while I was around her or even while I was over there.

Likewise, whenever I listen to Kansas I think of the concert in Bamburg I went to they gave for the G.I.'s. The drummer was a military brat so they did a lot of that kind of stuff back then. I'm not sure they still do it now though.

Woah, i'm not the only one that experiences that, i get a lot of memories when i listen to a song, or when certain smells are in the air, i just can't help it.

Yeah it happens to me with certain songs....some of them just get you like that especially if the lyrics describe your (well for me anyway) current personal situation

I associate a lot of songs with memories that I have. But then again, music is a huge part of my being. I love to listen and feel it although I don;t know names and song titles and stuff.

Luis G said:
Woah, i'm not the only one that experiences that, i get a lot of memories when i listen to a song, or when certain smells are in the air, i just can't help it.
smells do the same for me. of course music does to but i've never really heard any one else that remembers thing by smells...i ama sniffer. i smell everything, though.

Songs, sights, smells, they all bring back memories

some good, some bad

can't listen to the song house of pain without a tear in my eye

Smell brings back memories to me too. Colognes and perfumes a lot of the time remind me of the people who wear or used to wear them.

Smells, tastes and songs always make me remember things vividly. I can walk past a person on the street and smell their perfume & instantly remember someone who used to wear it. Or hear a song and it takes me right back to another time when I heard it.

Funny how the brain decides to store all the images we seem to rack up in a day.

PrincessLissa said:
Smell brings back memories to me too. Colognes and perfumes a lot of the time remind me of the people who wear or used to wear them.
yeah, but i'm really bad. i remember the smell of a persons soap or their fabric softener. the smeel of curry reminds me of my ex-husband- his favorite dinner. the smell of a wet morning always reminds me of pt at bootcamp. ruins it really...the smell of trash burning(we do that here in the country) reminds me of afternnons playing at a friends as a child. the smell of pizza reminds me of the restaurant i used to manage...kinda ruins that for me too...

One of the smells that gets me most (and I've only rediscovered it recently) is the smell from those "caps" that you put in kids guns......the smell of exploding gunpowder evokes a lot of memories of childhood.

Lots of songs bring back memories (good and bad).

And I still can't sniff cider without remembering the first time I got really drunk :sick4:

The smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke makes me want to play guitar...

at a camp out i drank 2 bottles of honey meade wine and passed out in a tent in the middle of august...i still can't bear the smell of meade or honey...

Honey makes me ill as well

Had some undecooked pork, marinated in a honey sauce

everytime I smell honey, I get rather ill

tonks said:
at a camp out i drank 2 bottles of honey meade wine and passed out in a tent in the middle of august...i still can't bear the smell of meade or honey...

mead is dangerous stuff (hell, it was brewed by men wearing dresses who live in darkened rooms.....monks, it's gotta be a mental brew) I quite like the stuff :).......it does give ya a monster hangover tho'

ahhh music is the windows to the soul, reminds me of good and bad times.
I remember songs that remind me of things my parents did when i was a child, songs of teenage years, my first love, first sexual experience,first job and so on. I think thats why i went into music when i was young, it had very deep roots in me.

now smells reminds me of things too, but...... well thats a different story for a different thread.:)

tonks said:
i don't know if i could live without honey, i was actually just pondering that earlier today.

smells really trigger memories for me, and places.

Back