Men! A hairy question.

tonksy

I went to the Nail Salon today for a nail fill and to have my eyebrows done, for which Rob was present. When he is there the ladies always try to hustle him into a manicure or a pedicure which he begs off easy enough. Today they asked him if he wanted to get his eyebrows done as well. I believe he was morally aghast. Which sparked the question- How formal or important would an occasion have to be for you to consider an eyebrow wax?

tonksy said:
I went to the Nail Salon today for a nail fill and to have my eyebrows done, for which Rob was present. When he is there the ladies always try to hustle him into a manicure or a pedicure which he begs off easy enough. Today they asked him if he wanted to get his eyebrows done as well. I believe he was morally aghast. Which sparked the question- How formal or important would an occasion have to be for you to consider an eyebrow wax?

My mom says threading is less painful...I am to scared to let anyone near my eyebrows.

Umm, I am not gonna lie. I have had it done several times. There was no special occasion for it, I just can't stand the McDonalds look. Speaking of which, the arches seem are in need of another one. I wonder where I can find one around here...

It's not so much as for a special occaision as for general neatness, Tonks. Some guys have bushy eyebrows, some don't. But the key is wether they're well delignated, or if they sprout all over. Mine are very well delignated, if a little bushy. Maybe she saw rob's as being a little wild. Maybe she saw a little unibrow forming. Or maybe she was just fishing for a few extra bucks.

She was fishing for the money, they are good at that.
I figures that some men do it for general neatness but I also figured some men would rather die, Rob being on of the latter. I told him that the eyebrow wax made better sense for him than a manicure or a pedicure but, as usual, he went for neither.
Woodman? I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all....but out curiousity what do you do for a living? Are you around customers? In a formal white collar setting? Is that part of the reason you do it?

I've been drafted as the family manicurist. One of the kids will come to me with a ragged toenail, and before I know it, I've had all three sets of feet and hands across my lap. Even the one year old is in on it now.

I am a PE accountant, so not to much dealing with customers, unless it is over the phone... I just do it because I want to. I don't really like the unibrow look that much.

(that plus my sister makes fun of me when I have it, PIA that she is!)

Mine are pretty shaggy at times, I trim them (twice a week with my beard) but I've never had 'em waxed.

Rusty plucks the middle occasionally to avoid a unibrow. If his facial hair was lighter, it might not make a difference. But since it's black, errant hairs in the middle really show.

I asked him to either pluck or wax before the wedding just to thin them out. This is a good example of why he needs thinning: http://www.greenfreak.net/greengallery/albums/People/people/2005/rusty_driving_5.jpg

The man-manicures and stuff like that are fairly common in NYC. What with the metrosexuals and all. :D

Eyebrow Wax? Hot wax has only touched my body on VERY special occasions

How formal or important would an occasion have to be for you to consider an eyebrow wax?
there is nothing formal or important enough for me to wax anything

i could understand trimming but waxing is a little much....

on the topic of personal grooming i do like the nose strips :brush:

tonksy said:
How formal or important would an occasion have to be for you to consider an eyebrow wax?
The way you phrased that implies that there would be such an occasion.

I occasionally use my lift-and-cut shaver between the brows to fight off the unibrow, otherwise they're left untouched. I do wish I could shorten my eyelashes, though; they're too long which makes for a tendency to have an eyelash fall off and poke my eye all the time.

Back