Men! A hairy question.

It falls under personal grooming.. and if I needed to do it I would.
but so far a razor and scissors are all I need.

Speaking of personal grooming, Did I really see Gilette come out with a razor with 5 blades, and one on the back?

oh ya.. and I'll be trying it out too.. I love the Mach3 so I have to see if this one is as good as it claims.

The razor, known as the Fusion, has blades spaced 30 percent closer than Gillette's current MACH3Turbo system. It also has a single blade on the back of the cartridge for shaving sideburns or trimming under the nose.

30% closer?? Exactly how many thousands of a millimeter are they suggesting are important now? This has left sublimely rediculous in the dust, and now aspires to catastrophic stupidity.

Professur said:
Speaking of personal grooming, Did I really see Gilette come out with a razor with 5 blades, and one on the back?

I can't wait to see the price. The double blades ended up driving me to a portable electric.

Yep, I've got the Quattro and the blades for it are 3 for $12 last time I bought em. I just don't shave anymore.

That five-blader must hurt... I have the three-blader, and I still slice myself up a little on the first few days of using a new blade, when it's really sharp.

Did anyone ever see the MadTV or SNL (I don't remember) thing where they have the razor with like 20 blades that provides the closest shave and in the pics they show a guy shaving and he's actually removing a layer of skin with each additional blade?? Everytime I hear of a razor with more blades I think of it...

I do not like single blade razors but I enjoy my two blade shick with the wires to prevent nics and cuts...I figure a three blade would give a pretty damn sweet shave but I'm to poor atm to afford the blades so I haven't bought one...anything above three I think is silly.

Nixy said:
I do not like single blade razors but I enjoy my two blade shick with the wires to prevent nics and cuts...I figure a three blade would give a pretty damn sweet shave but I'm to poor atm to afford the blades so I haven't bought one...anything above three I think is silly.

Back in the day, when I did shave, it was with a double edge, single blade razor. Or with a cut-throat. Either one was more than sufficient. This one-upmanship is just marketing. Cue the sheep.

Professur said:
Back in the day, when I did shave, it was with a double edge, single blade razor. Or with a cut-throat. Either one was more than sufficient. This one-upmanship is just marketing. Cue the sheep.

The wires on the blades are fantastic...they keep my legs pretty and cut free...my roommate told me the 3 blade one seemed better than a two blade...hence why I would like to try it. Anything more than that scares me.

Everyone is aware that duct tape (it's the handyman's secret weapon) works just as well as wax (maybe better) in this application????

chcr said:
Everyone is aware that duct tape (it's the handyman's secret weapon) works just as well as wax (maybe better) in this application????

Tell ya what. You demonstrate the proper technique on yourself, and I'll consider it.

Back