Merry Christmas

Oh, and the in-laws treated us to a holiday in Melbourne, Australia. :D

Some pics...

Melbourne, hotel hallway, getting ready to go out.

P1030914.jpg

Me & father-in-law along the Yarra River, Federation Square-side.

P1030945.jpg

Me & mother-in-law heading to the Yarra River Ferry:

P1030954.jpg

P1030955.jpg

On the ferry:

P1030993.jpg

Statue along Yarra River:

P1040013.jpg

Swan-type things, Yarra River:

P1040026.jpg

Theatre, near Federation Square:

P1040033.jpg

Me & in-laws, Federation Square:

P1040043.jpg

Mebourne Zoo...

P1040084.jpg

P1040087.jpg

P1040090-1.jpg

P1040091.jpg

Shot tower, middle of the mall, Melbourne Central:

P1030923.jpg

P1030932.jpg

Nice, BoP. *sigh* One day I'll get to Australia. Maybe.

If you're looking for a zoo, try San Diego (similar weather, a lot cheaper). If you must go international, Tijuana is about 20 minutes from there. Hell, for all intents & porpoises, it's already in SD.

If you're looking for a zoo, try San Diego (similar weather, a lot cheaper). If you must go international, Tijuana is about 20 minutes from there. Hell, for all intents & porpoises, it's already in SD.

Been there, Gonz. (porpoises? That's Sea world, ain't it? narf, narf. :lol: ) I figured out once that I've been in all but two states. Been to Canuckistan, Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Ireland, England and France as well. Still wanna see Amsterdam, Rome, Greece, Hong Kong, Istanbul and several other spots, both down under and non. I'm sure you don't understand.

San Diego certainly has some of the finest weather on the planet though, no question.

Much to your chagrin, I understand. I'd like to see several of the old world cities, for their historical value.

I suppose it all my fault, I did forget the j/k. Although, Australian cities look like US cities, only upside down.

Although, Australian cities look like US cities, only upside down.

:rofl4: And a good laugh was had by all. It made me laugh, anyway.

Speaking of visiting old cities, I happened to be looking up North Dakota ghost towns last night. I know we have plenty, but I was looking online to see if anyone else had taken an interest in the ghost towns of this state. I was in luck. I found this site. Now I want to go visit some of them. :D

Australia and NZ CAN have a similar feel to CA, I found, but I'm guessing that's cos they share an ocean & a similar latitude from the equator. When I was in CA, some tourists from San Diego highly recommended the zoo. How does it rate?

What were you doing in North Dakota? Or is it one of the two states? :D
South Dakota's the other. shrug: Slept with a girl from Pierre once though if that counts for anything. She's the only person other than my paternal grandfather that I've ever met IRL from either state.

Much to your chagrin, I understand. I'd like to see several of the old world cities, for their historical value.

I suppose it all my fault, I did forget the j/k. Although, Australian cities look like US cities, only upside down.

Didn't mean it that way Gonz. I know any number of people that can't see the attraction of traveling abroad. I just figured from what you said that you were one of them. BTW, for me it's not just the places, it's the people and the culture (not to mention the food and the beer).

Back