Message to Non-Pet Owners

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Complain About Our Pets:

• They live here. You don't.

• If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

• I like my pets a lot better than I like a lot of people.

• To you, it's an animal. To me, it is an adopted child who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

• Dogs and cats are better than kids

• they eat less, don't ask for money all the time,
    • are easier to train,
    • usually come when called,
    • never drive your car,
    • don't hang out with weird friends,
    • don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions,
    • don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and
    • if they get pregnant, you can sell the children.

Leslie said:
To you, it's an animal. To me, it is an adopted child who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly

Mum's mutt (for some bizare reason) likes to be let out by me, rather than anyone else. Dunno why. But I never feed her. Last night, Mum and I were sitting up (I was reading, she was watching poker for the zillionth time) when the dog came and sat looking straight at me. Mum asked her what she wanted. Muttface gave her what can only be described as a dirty look, and then went back to looking at me until I got up and let her out. Perhaps your pets don't speak clearly. Mine has quite the vocabulary.

My "puppy" has just reached 1 year old --- stands about 28" at the shoulder and weighs 100 lbs. He's 1/2 Akita and 1/2 very big black Lab from down the hill. LOL

When he steps on your foot, you most definitely know it. *ouch*

TexasRaceLady said:
My "puppy" has just reached 1 year old --- stands about 28" at the shoulder and weighs 100 lbs. He's 1/2 Akita and 1/2 very big black Lab from down the hill. LOL

When he steps on your foot, you most definitely know it. *ouch*

Ahh, indiscriminate mother syndrome. Mine aren't that big (biggest is 75 lbs or so) but they're both lab mixes (one's the mom and one's the daughter).

tonksy said:
*sigh...i know...but they're so damn cute :ashamed:
no...they're not cute at all. They're spawn in nice packaging. They just want you to think that they're cute so they can get inside. :eek6:

Professur said:
Mum's mutt (for some bizare reason) likes to be let out by me, rather than anyone else. Dunno why. But I never feed her. Last night, Mum and I were sitting up (I was reading, she was watching poker for the zillionth time) when the dog came and sat looking straight at me. Mum asked her what she wanted. Muttface gave her what can only be described as a dirty look, and then went back to looking at me until I got up and let her out. Perhaps your pets don't speak clearly. Mine has quite the vocabulary.
We have a cat that does the exact same thing. If the wife goes to the door and opens it, he'll just stand there. If I do, he'll go in or out. I rarely feed the cats, I don't go out of my way to be nice to them, but this one really likes me for something. We wake up together most mornings.

PT said:
. I rarely feed the cats, I don't go out of my way to be nice to them, but this one really likes me for something. We wake up together most mornings.
you dont choose the cat, the cat chooses you.

Professur said:
Mine has quite the vocabulary
mine understands about a dozen words/phrases. i can usually tell what he wants by the way he is acting. i still havent gotten tired of purposely avoiding saying what he wants and watching him get all stressd out.

PT said:
We have a cat that does the exact same thing. If the wife goes to the door and opens it, he'll just stand there. If I do, he'll go in or out. I rarely feed the cats, I don't go out of my way to be nice to them, but this one really likes me for something. We wake up together most mornings.
And who wouldn't like to wake up to a little pussy every morning? :D

Spot said:
mine understands about a dozen words/phrases. i can usually tell what he wants by the way he is acting. i still havent gotten tired of purposely avoiding saying what he wants and watching him get all stressd out.

Growl, whine, and the side-to-side dance?

that and run up and down the stairs when he wants to play ball or jambing his nose in my face if im lying on the couch.

Back