Messed up meals

HeXp£Øi±

What sort of odd things do you do to your food/ I just made my breakfast, cream of wheat. Only thing is when it's done cooking i add a half can of canned milk, half a stick of butter and 4-5 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar. It's like candy in a bowl!
I also eat my cold serial with warm canned milk only. I was rased that way and i can't stand it with cold 'thinned' milk like normal people.

Its hard to pick an 'odd' habit ... 'cause, to me, its all quite normal. Only others would consider it to be odd. :) I just find what others do to be odd.

You get the odd award in my book :D eiw.

I don't do anything weird, I'm certain. :headbng2:

I like evaporated milk in coffee and I use it in mashed potatoes, but I don't think I'd like it on cereal.

One thing I love that seems to freak out a lot of people is fried chicken livers. You fry them in butter ---actually carmelize them. Its one of the most delicious things you could eat.

Q, if the opportunity presents itself, try them. fried chicken livers are quite tasty.

then again, i've eaten fried pig intestines....

(i do still recommend the chicken liver though)

Only thing i consider "not normal" is that i never put salt to the food i cook, specially to eggs and steaks.

I don't think anything I do is so strange... but I used to put good seasons italian dressing on the vegetables I was forced to eat that I didn't like. It was strong enough to kill most of the taste of what I was eating.

If we were having steak and mashed potatoes, I would mix the A-1 steak sauce in my mashed potatoes also. It's yummy, I reccommend it. Then again, I'd put A-1 on everything if I could.

When I make a can of tomato soup, I put in about 2 cups of milk and a half a sleeve of saltine crackers. By the time I'm done, the crackers are soft and it's really not the consistency of soup, it's a hell of a lot thicker. I tend to make all soup really thick, I hate watery soup or watery sauce.

I despise chicken livers oh so very much. I took several rounds under dads belt for refusing to eat them. To this day, I get utterly weak and nauseous if I smell them. I have to leave the area.

You people don't know what you're missing! Chicken livers is easily one of the best tasting foods. Seriously.

Squiggy. Think of it in terms of the old litmus paper test in junior chemistry. To half of the class, the paper had no taste. The other half had reactions bordering upon horror grade disgust. It is the same way with food. That which registers upon your own tastebuds as a delicacy could register upon others as a medical experiment gone awry.

Back