Michael Moore: thief extradanoire

rddy

chcr said:
Like f*cking for sexual abstinence? :D

In your case, that might actually work! :lol2:

While I actually know very little about Michael Moore (I know a lot of my friends hate him), I will likely see this movie at some point. I recognize that this movie is biased...what isn't? I imagine there are those that won't go see it because it is putting money in Michael Moore's pockets. I guess they also didn't watch the NBA finals because of Kobe Bryant. Oh well. I suppose that puts them on a higher moral plane? It's just a movie! If I go, and I hate it, or I go and enjoy it, I'm still getting my money's worth. I go to a movie to be affected (fear, anger, amusement, laughter, etc.). It need not make me a better person, or make the world a better place. That's my job.

chcr

Too cute for words
rddy said:
In your case, that might actually work! :lol2:

While I actually know very little about Michael Moore (I know a lot of my friends hate him), I will likely see this movie at some point. I recognize that this movie is biased...what isn't? I imagine there are those that won't go see it because it is putting money in Michael Moore's pockets. I guess they also didn't watch the NBA finals because of Kobe Bryant. Oh well. I suppose that puts them on a higher moral plane? It's just a movie! If I go, and I hate it, or I go and enjoy it, I'm still getting my money's worth. I go to a movie to be affected (fear, anger, amusement, laughter, etc.). It need not make me a better person, or make the world a better place. That's my job.
You don't know that for a fact! :p

Actually, I find Michael Moore's work in general to be whiny, self-righteous pablum. Even when I agree with his position, I think he undermines it. For me, it has nothing to do with him making money or liberalism/conservatism. I don't like his work. I don't think it is in any way important. I'll probably watch it when it comes on cable, but I won't waste my money seeing it at a theatre. As you say, it's just a movie. It's the liberals/conservatives who want to make such a big deal about it.

Inkara1

Update: this past check, my tax withholding apparently went up. Now I'm averaging $6.62 an hour after taxes.

Winky

Yeah Inky but as we all know it doesn't
stop there!
There are taxes on everything else stated
and hidden.
Won't you qualify for a complete refund of all federal taxes paid, as you are officially under the poverty line???
Heck you might even get the "earned income tax credit?"
But there's no beating that nasty social security tax. Ya gotta live to be 67 Years old to get any of that back lol

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inky, inky, Inky, of all the people to complain. You should know it's up to you. The fat rich white guys are doing all their business offshore & not paying their fair share. All the rich black guys are not really black so they don't count (wait, haven't we been here before?). There are no rich brown skinned peoples so why bother counting them. Hell, most of 'em are illegal anyway. Which leaves you to pay for your grandpa's social security, Rush Limbaughs prescription drugs & your share of the war on terror which is really a war for oil but let's not let that cat out of the bag. Pony up mister, it's your turn.