Microsoft explains leetspeek

Honestly, i don't really *want* to understand what the kids these days are saying. I'd rather act all old and superior with my 26 letters used in the traditional way :) Besides, I make enough typos without having them be intentional... :lloyd:

Actually, one pet peeve I have is when people are too damn lazy to make an attempt to type correctly.

"u" to replace "you"
"there" replaces "they're" and "their" and the three are used interchangeably.
"your" replaces "you're"

I used to use "u" as "you" when I was 13-14. They I started writing it that way in school, and realized that had gone too far.

Actually somewhat informative, now I know how to search for the best \/\/4r3z

"w00t" or the smiley character \o/: An acronym that means "We Own the Other Team," used to celebrate victory in a video game.
finally found out what that means...lol

Spot said:
finally found out what that means...lol
False.

w00t

An interjection similar to “Yay!”, as in: “w00t!!! I just got a raise!” Often used for small victories the speaker does not expect to be of special interest to anyone else. Some claim this is a bastardization of “root”, the highest level of access to a system (particularly UNIX), originated by script kiddies as a 133tspeak equivalent of “root”, and said as an exclamation upon gaining root access. Others claim it originated in the Everquest multiplayer game as an abbreviation of “wonderful loot”. Still other claim it on originated on IRC as the “Ewok victory cheer”] Adj. w00table has the sense of “cool” or “nifty”. This is one of the few leet-speak coinages to have crossed over into non-ironic use among hackers.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/W/w00t.html

w00t/woot - same thing.

Now, young padawan... Decode THIS!

NE SXE/F W/P N A/S/L PM ME PLZ IF U R D 1 2 C 4 A BJ KTHX

I alway saw woot as a variation woohoo..expressing excitement. We Own the Other Team would be expressed in too many ways.

...PM ME PLZ IF U R D 1 2 C 4 A BJ KTHX

...Private message me, please, if you are the one to see for a blowjob. OK? Thanks.

Back