MiG

Jeslek

Banned
Would you buy a MiG for $250,000 if you had the cash at hand? Ugh.... *fap* (Yes I'm an aviation junkie)

I believe the neighbors would take issue with it though, so I'd have to pass.

MIG 21, The Mach 2 Russian fighter with spare engine, rocket pods, missile rails, spare parts, training, manuals, FAA licensed, tow bar, start cart. This was the high performance threat faced by NATO for 20 years and will outrun most F-16s. Fast climb is Mach 1.8.

MIKOYAN MIG 21 PF, 1965, S/N: 761811, N21PF, 660 TT, 150 SHSI, MIG 21 PF single seat fighter, Mach 2.1. Initial rate of climb 36,090 ft/min, serv. ceiling 69,000 ft., NATO designation "Fishbed". Single Seat, 660 TT, Eng 150 hrs, King Txp, Apollo GPS/Com, 110 gal drop tank, Hot eject seat, Start Cart, Spare Brakes/Tires.

Airframe: Wing Span 25ft, Length 49ft; Engine Specs: 150 hrs; Additional Equipment: 110 Gallon drop tank, Hot ejectseat, Start Cart, Spare brakes and tires; Avionics / Radios: Apollo GPS/Comm, King Transponder.

The plane is located in Santa Maria, California USA where inspection can take place. The import paperwork was approved long ago. No US EUC is required. If the buyer is foreign, seller will need an EUC and will have to get a US permit to export it. Unacceptable countries are the standard State Department bad boys list, Libya, Vietnam, Burma, N. Korea, Syria, etc.

The restrictions are the standard FAA operational restrictions for "experimental, exhibition" jet war birds. The essential ones are: Operations for training, practice, maintenance flights are the home base plus 600 miles. Beyond that, the FAA needs to be notified in advance and air show attendance can be listed well in advance. The plane needs its 5 hours of Santa Maria, Mojave, Vandenberg local test flights flown off. That will be done before delivery.

Radios are: Tomorrow GPS.COM GX 55 and KING KX XPNDR plus all original Russian military radios.

Supersonic flights in any aircraft over the US are limited to certain military test areas. We can get permission for buyer at China Lake and Edwards AFB.

Auction reserve for this plane is below market value. Delivery in the US will cost about $10,000 in advance and requires a ground crew to follow the plane with Nitrogen, O2, ladders and start carts. This arrangement, if necessary, will be made separately with current owner after the auction and is not included in the bid price.

Please note that all information inquiries about the aircraft are to be directed to [email protected]. Casual inquiries from military aircraft enthusiasts cannot be answered. Only questions from serious buyers will receive a response, please so identify yourself.

This auction represents a rare opportunity to acquire a significant and historically important military jet fighter.
$250K is just the start though. The maintenance costs and ground crew costs must weigh on the pocket too. But still, I think it would be loads of fun to take a MiG for a spin every Saturday morning. Maybe even reach supersonic speeds over the designated areas. If I had the money I'd probably spend it... just like I'd spend $20 million to go to the I.S.S.

Donate plz.

Bah... I don't have a long enough drive way or nearby street for a runway. I could only buy something if it was VTOL (and if I won $250000 all of a sudden!).

if i would be allowed to fly it, and most of all, learn to fly it, and i'd have the money....yeah, i'd buy it.

but then again there are a lot of 'if's' and 'and's' in that sentence...

Jerrek said:
This was the high performance threat faced by NATO for 20 years and will outrun most F-16s. Fast climb is Mach 1.8.
Outrun speed? Maybe barely. Outmanuever? Not in 1000 years. That comparision is out of place...

Shadowfax said:
if i would be allowed to fly it, and most of all, learn to fly it, and i'd have the money....yeah, i'd buy it.

but then again there are a lot of 'if's' and 'and's' in that sentence...

Oh great, a Dane in a MiG, whatcha gonna do, piss off Belgium? :D

Back