Might I suggest

I think you are missing my point here. I would be extreemly pised at a teacher if she did this to my kids or seeing as how I don't have kids yet, my little brothers ot sisters-in-law (ages 2, 4, 7, 8 and 8). I don't like people telling me what's best for me either, most don't.

Conservatives do the exact same thing though. As Chic has pointed out many time, the differences between liberals and conservatives, to those of us who think they are both idiots, are few. Think like I think, or else.

Liberals, by their very pessimism, destroy dreams & do their damnedest to destroy reality. (more taxes, limited speech)

Conservatives have hope & allow dreams to be pursued.

Gonz said:
Liberals, by their very pessimism, destroy dreams & do their damnedest to destroy reality. (more taxes, limited speech)

Conservatives have hope & allow dreams to be pursued.

:rofl: Chapter and verse, huh?

rrfield said:
I think you are missing my point here. I would be extreemly pised at a teacher if she did this to my kids or seeing as how I don't have kids yet, my little brothers ot sisters-in-law (ages 2, 4, 7, 8 and 8). I don't like people telling me what's best for me either, most don't.

Conservatives do the exact same thing though. As Chic has pointed out many time, the differences between liberals and conservatives, to those of us who think they are both idiots, are few. Think like I think, or else.

And I think you are missing mine. Remember who started the "PC" phenomenon...it was the liberal college students in the 80's and 90's. I know...I was there. These folks went out into the world with chips on their shoulders, and the thought that they could make things better by making people do as they say, rather than working with the system to improve things.

Gato_Solo said:
And I think you are missing mine. Remember who started the "PC" phenomenon...it was the liberal college students in the 80's and 90's. I know...I was there. These folks went out into the world with chips on their shoulders, and the thought that they could make things better by making people do as they say, rather than working with the system to improve things.

Well put. It didn't work then, it's not going to work now. It will never work. Regardless of someones self-proclaimed political philosophy.

Gato_Solo said:

I don't disagree.

I'm diagreeing with the assumption that this woman is a liberal. We don't know that. What we do know is she is an idiot who overstepped her bounds and should be fired/not allowed to sub in this school district. She's a crotchety woman who should not be around children.

Good Lord it must so suck to have to resort
to the thinnest of excuses with tripe like
"the assumption that this woman is a liberal"

Makes you look like an idiot! (liberal)?

rrfield said:
I don't disagree.

I'm diagreeing with the assumption that this woman is a liberal. We don't know that. What we do know is she is an idiot who overstepped her bounds and should be fired/not allowed to sub in this school district. She's a crotchety woman who should not be around children.

1. She's a substitute teacher. That usually means she's young...which corresponds to my "PC" crowd.
2. Then there's this. I do my homework before resorting to such remarks...
3. This, too...

While I could be wrong, calling her a liberal, chances are I am correct in my assessment.

rrfield said:
I'm diagreeing with the assumption that this woman is a liberal. We don't know that.

No we don't. We do however have the aility to use our reasoning & make educated guesses, based on more than ample evidence of the inherent pessimism associated with liberalism.

Who on this board would be more likely to make the exact same comment to a group of first graders?

Winky or Leslie?

Back