migraine headaches

Just look at my eyes in Averys birthday thread. My cheeks are puffy at the same time that my eyes seem sunken. I look like a rock star on the morning after.

My wife gets em 2 or 3 times a year. It's hormonal I'm told....

...anyway, her doc has prescribed for her this contraption where you put in a preloaded syringe type deal, close the thing up, load the spring trigger and pop it in your arm...

...and so it injects this medication...sumatriptan(?) and I tell you, it works each and every time. Just kills the thing within about a half hour or less....

MADrin

Silence, music, darkness, and some kind of flavored liquid, such as juice or kool-aide or something are the only things that cure me from headaches. Asprin/whatever never work, in fact they usually do make mine worse. Never had real gut-wrenching pains myself, but I hope you feel better soon. :)

unc, i remember you said something about starving a few days before the 13th, sometimes if i don't eat properly for several days i will get terrible headaches.

That was a week earlier. On the day of the headache itself, I had made a large amount of chili and was quite overfed that day.

Rob... I feel your pain. I get some really bad ones sometimes... I got ZOMIG and LORTAB pills for mine..but nothin works better than sleep :(

I used to get those things when I was younger. Luckily, I haven't had one in at least a decade.

Back