Mmmm....

I didn't know you were a cop.

I was getting worried that you hadn't posted in so long and that Kansas aprehened a serial killer that kinda looks like you. It was coincidental eeire. ;)

chcr said:
Cereal killer, maybe.
I'd rather demolish donuts any day.

I walked to Timmy's and bought 2 dozen yesterday. Kids each took one for a snack, and they're all gone now.

Leslie said:
I'd rather demolish donuts any day.

I walked to Timmy's and bought 2 dozen yesterday. Kids each took one for a snack, and they're all gone now.
:eek:

I've always been a big creuler/bearpaw kinda guy. Boston Creme or Timbit failing that. Mornings are usually a bran blueberry muffin. Doughnuts just don't have the substance to start off the day.

I have never met a doughnut I didn't love. I delivered pizzas in college, and next door was a doughnut shop. We traded stuff a lot on Saturday mornings. I miss that place....local doughnut shops rule.

greenfreak said:
A scone would be nice too.

Like a fruit scone... the English kind? Didn't know you had them...

I love scones... ooooh! A Cornish cream tea would be lovely around about now!

Big pot of tea, fruit scones, Cornish clotted cream and jam! *drool*

greenfreak said:
The best I could get is Krispy Kremes or Dunkin Donuts. :(

A scone would be nice too.

Dunkin's are passable, can't stomach Krispy Kremes at all. I buy mine at a local shop that does nothing but donuts and muffins. In fact, they close at 11:00 AM

CB, I like scones too. Not particularly for breakfast though. Never thought of dunking them in coffee. Wouldn't they fall apart? :lloyd:

Until KK came along, all we had for donuts was DD's. But the quality difference in the two with the same donut (I've had chocolate glazed and blueberry glazed) is really big to me. It's hard to explain what the difference is, besides taste, but I like the KK's better. And they're popping up all over the place.

Dunking scones in coffee? Eiw. I just throw some butter on a cran or blue berry scone.

I find KK is like cotton candy. Fluffy, airy and melt in your mouth when fresh. Sticky, and disgusting after any length of time.

Which may be why they're smart enough to put that light in the window when they have a fresh batch out. :D

I think you're right, they're not as "heavy" as DD.

chcr said:
CB, I like scones too. Not particularly for breakfast though. Never thought of dunking them in coffee. Wouldn't they fall apart? :lloyd:

You guys have doughnuts and muffins for breakfast? :eek:

I thought this was a lunch thread... (lunchtime here!)

Wow! I wanna live across the pond... I'd be the size of the back end of a bus... but muffins to start the day with!!! :D I'm there!

Dunking in coffee or tea is do-able... but they need to be cut into fingers and you need lightning responses! :nerd:

Back