"Monkey Trial"

freako104

Gonz said:
Smart mo-fo's, huh? How many times is Jesus spoken of, in a political sense? I've forgotten. Same with other, less generic interpretatins like Allah or Jehovah or Budddah.

whenever it suits the person talking.

Gotholic

chcr said:
Separate issue:

No, what it says is that educators who teach evolution may not be compelled to teach creation as a competing theory. If they want to do so they are free to do so. If not, any other educator is free to do so. Words say what they say, regardless of anyone's attempts to twist the meaning.

You are correct but only in regards to the Aguillard v. Edwards case. However, I have also posted previously the other case which declared the teaching of creationism as a differing and alternative point of view may not be taught as a response to the theory of evolution. [McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education, 529 F. Supp. 1255 (E. D. Ark. 1982) (cited favorably in Aguillard, 482 U. S. 578)]

But you know what? I've only been having this debate for 30 years or so. Whatever you say must be right. :rolleyes:

Ah, 30 years and it seems your mind is still set from that time too. A lot has happened in 30 years. I have given you the actual court cases which support what I'm saying and all you have been doing is simply saying that I'm wrong or that I have twisted the meaning without giving any support for what you have to say. This only shows your weak debating skills.

30 years, huh? And all you can say is that I'm wrong and you're right with no support...

Gotholic

chcr said:
with the exception of Jefferson they were all christians.

Jefferson was not a Christian in the traditional sense. He didn't even believe Jesus was God. However, Jefferson did consider himself a Christian.

"The Christian religion, when divested of the rags in which they [the
clergy] have enveloped it, and brought to the original purity and simplicity
of it's benevolent institutor, is a religion of all others most friendly to
liberty, science, and the freest expansion of the human mind." --Thomas
Jefferson to Moses Robinson, 1801. ME 10:237

In regards to his compilation of what is now known as the Jefferson Bible, Jefferson wrote: "A more beautiful or precious morsel of ethics I have never seen; it is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel and themselves Christians and preachers of the gospel, while they
draw all their characteristic dogmas from what its Author never said nor
saw." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Thompson, 1816. ME 14:385

I just thought I should clear things up...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gotholic said:
He didn't even believe Jesus was God.

Nor should he. Jesus is claimed to be the Son of God. I relatively certian there is no claim to actually be Him.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Thanks, but I have plans on taking over...sitting isn't in the cards
You realize that, being hell, all of your followers will be howling liberals and Al Franken will be your second in command (hell for both of you, I'm guessing)?
:D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
CAn you think of a better form of ultimate vengeance? Al Franken & Mikey Moore, bowing down to the Gonz.

Inkara1

Careful that Moore doesn't split his pants when he bows down. Just because the souls in hell got eternal damnation doesn't mean they deserve to have to see that.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
CAn you think of a better form of ultimate vengeance? Al Franken & Mikey Moore, bowing down to the Gonz.

Ahh, but it's hell. They wouldn't bow down, they'd argue constantly. Also it would work out that they always thought you were getting what you want while you'd think they were getting what they want. :lol: