More dangers of alcohol (aka strange convict story)

SexyBoo

:rofl3:
Four inmates go on a beer run, are charged with escape
ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. -- The party's over for four inmates accused of going on a beer run after the jail's doors were accidentally left unlocked.
The men were charged Monday with escape and bringing alcohol into a jail.

The breakout occurred Thursday night after cellblock doors at the Hawkins County Jail were left unlocked and a faulty control panel failed to alert jailers, Sheriff Warren Rimer said.

Two of the inmates walked out through a fire exit, leaving the door propped open with a Bible, and made a hole in the exercise yard fence. They walked to a market, bought some beer and returned to the jail to share it with other prisoners. When the booze ran out, the other two inmates made another beer run to a different store.

Authorities believe the inmates bought more than two cases of beer in all.

"I guess they thought if they came back they wouldn't be charged with escape," Rimer said, "but they were wrong."

The store visits did not raise alarm because the inmates were wearing street clothes borrowed from other prisoners. The crowded jail does not have enough orange jumpsuits to go around.

See now, I don't think I could bring those charges against them. I mean, shit. They came back....

What if they'd scored some crack instead of a few brewskies... or killed someone? They came back...but, they weren't supposed to be out.

Hopefully...they get a mild slap on the wrist for it, cause what they did was innocuous.

Well, they could have just as easily slipped away and not come back. I'd say the guy that left the door unlocked deserves the hardest slap on the wrist.

PuterTutor said:
Well, they could have just as easily slipped away and not come back. I'd say the guy that left the door unlocked deserves the hardest slap on the wrist.

Ditto that. I guess that it depends on what they were in for and how long they had left. It'd be stupid to add 2 years for escaping prison if all you have is one year left in the hole.

PuterTutor said:

Yup yup.

For some reason, I'm finding some humor in that they propped open the fire exit with a Bible.

Back