More hypocrisy

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Every Wednesday, in a Dumpster behind a Piggly Wiggly in northeastern North Carolina, a fresh load of dead cats and dogs appeared.

The stakeout and the ensuing arrests only deepened the mystery. The people caught dumping garbage bags full of euthanized animals were employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, one of the largest and most radical animal rights groups in the world.

They must have concluded that the local ASPCA wasn't killing th ecritters for fun after all. Iwonder though, why didn't these freaks just take them home &care for them?

People Euthanizing The Animals

They must have concluded that the local ASPCA wasn't killing th ecritters for fun after all. Iwonder though, why didn't these freaks just take them home &care for them?
Oh no, Gonz. That would be messy. Besides, a lot of those animals eat actual meat and meat byproducts. You couldn't possibly expect these "ethical" people to deal with that, now could you?

Clearly they think that if you stand for something you shouldn't have to abide by it as well. :lloyd:

Devil's advocate:
1) They stated that there are too many animals to hold or place.
2) They stated that their method of euthanizing animals was more humane than that of the humane society.

inside-barker.jpg

Have YOU had your pet spayed or neutered??

Devil's advocate:
1) They stated that there are too many animals to hold or place.
2) They stated that their method of euthanizing animals was more humane than that of the humane society.

And then they illegally dumped them in the garbage? They've gotten caught and they'll say anything at all to try to worm their way out of it.

Actually...the owner/CEO of PETA owned up to it, apologized for that and offered to pay. The link, above, doesn't work anymore...so I can't directly quote him, but i recall that from the article.

Actually...the owner/CEO of PETA owned up to it, apologized for that and offered to pay. The link, above, doesn't work anymore...so I can't directly quote him, but i recall that from the article.

Bish, isn't it clear to you that they thought they wouldn't get caught doing something they castigate others for doing? Of course he owned up, they have them dead to rights.

Bish, isn't it clear to you that they thought they wouldn't get caught doing something they castigate others for doing? Of course he owned up, they have them dead to rights.

It's despicable...but then again, so are some/many of the practices that PETA rails against. I'd hazard to say that PETA was the lesser of millions of evils when it comes to animals.

It's despicable...but then again, so are some/many of the practices that PETA rails against. I'd hazard to say that PETA was the lesser of millions of evils when it comes to animals.

'Scuse me, I gotta fry me up some kindly killed pig parts.

Texas County pig farm worker Alejo Peña pleaded to three counts of felony cruelty to animals stemming from a PETA undercover investigation videotape showing Peña, manager of the Seaboard Farms, Inc.-owned pig farm, mercilessly bludgeoning pigs with iron gate rods in three separate incidents. This is the first time in U.S. history that a farmer has pleaded to felony cruelty to animals for injuring and killing animals raised for food. On May 14, 2001, PETA submitted the video to Texas County District Attorney Donald E. Wood, whose office filed charges against Peña on August 31. Click here to read more.

Employees at Seaboard, North America’s third largest pork producer, were caught on video routinely throwing, beating, kicking, slamming against concrete floors, and bludgeoning animals with metal gate rods and hammers. Other pigs were left to die slow and agonizing deaths with severe injuries, illness, and lameness, often unable to reach food or water, without even a trace of veterinary care despite the fact that Peña was fully aware of their conditions.

In 1999, in North Carolina, the first-ever felony indictments for cruelty to animals on a factory farm in the U.S. were issued against 3 workers after a PETA investigation into a pig breeding facility called Belcross Farm. In that case, all three workers were convicted for their parts in the beating and bludgeoning of pigs, including the skinning of a sow who was still fully conscious.

Enjoy your breakfast

Ya know...I love meat. Gimme a good steak, some ham, lamb-chops etc..and I don't mind...just stand back so you don't get bitten accidentally....and I know that these animals have to die and get butchered so I can eat.:shrug:

There is no need to torture them before they die. :thumbdn:

I feel the same way about what PETA does for puppy-mills and other breeders.
-
ST. MATHIEU, QUE. - Thirty-two cold and hungry dogs of various sizes and breeds were seized Thursday by animal welfare workers at an alleged puppy mill in this town south of Montreal.
Linda Robertson of the SPCA-Monteregie said the animals had no water, little or no food and were living in their own filth.
''One of the huskies had food but it was rotten food and he wasn't eating it,'' said Robertson.
Three of the dogs had recently given birth, but their puppies were no where to be found on site. Two others were found pregnant.
Seven huskies were found behind a barn, tied to barrels. Tossed in with them were live rabbits also rescued Thursday, who may have served as food.
Almost all of the animals had some sort of sickness.
''These (mills) are everywhere. We always come back to the same issue: there's no compulsory registration of these breeders. And most of these puppies go to the pet store,'' Robertson said.

Back