More things to make you say "Hmmm..."

Q

when i used to smoke if asked id stop if not id keep on smoking. we both have rights and there is no reason for either side to give up their thing you want fresh air then dont go near us we want it well smoke outside away from you. and Q has a great point. its her house and noone elses(except maybe the hubby)
Thats nice, but sometimes you can't avoid being in the company of a smoker. An example would be at work, or waiting in line at the bank, or a restaurant, and so forth. In that case, without law, smokers clearly have the advantage because there is no legal way of defening your rights. Which is why I'm rather fond of the law prohibiting smoking in public places.

....not only right....but imperative:headbang: ....considering the impending possibilities.:eek6:

Jerrek said:
Thats nice, but sometimes you can't avoid being in the company of a smoker. An example would be at work, or waiting in line at the bank, or a restaurant, and so forth. In that case, without law, smokers clearly have the advantage because there is no legal way of defening your rights. Which is why I'm rather fond of the law prohibiting smoking in public places.

1. That's why you have a tongue. If the person you ask to put out their cigarette becomes belligerant, then you have a problem.
2. If you see someone smoking, and they are out of your area, then it's none of your business. Most of the problems occur when some assmonkey decides that, no matter where you are smoking, it becomes their imperative to make you stop. If you don't like smokers or smoking, then stay away from them. As for the pollution angle (your 'fresh air'), you get more carcinogens driving your car behind a bus. You going to make that bus stop?

Not here it isn't. Indoor smoking is banned in jsut about any public space. And even some outdoor places too.

I gotta say, I love the no smoking inside rule now. No more "It'll be a 45 minute wait for non-smoking, would you prefer the smoking section?"

tonksy said:
I gotta say, I love the no smoking inside rule now. No more "It'll be a 45 minute wait for non-smoking, would you prefer the smoking section?"

And I gotta say that I miss the instant seating in a restaurant instead of having to wait behind 40 people with ever-so-frail constitutions.

If the argument of "Surely you can survive a 60 minute meal without smoking" is to be accepted, then so should the "Surely you can survive a 60 minute meal during which you are forced to be within 50 feet of someone else smoking".

Like that'll ever happen. People hate smokers worse than they do child molesters.

I was kinda against the bill before it passed. I never liked the precedent....BUUUT I can not say it has caused me any consternation personally. I do feel bad for you, though.

tonksy said:
I was kinda against the bill before it passed. I never liked the precedent....BUUUT I can not say it has caused me any consternation personally. I do feel bad for you, though.

As a smoker, I have this to say. I'm also an adult. If my smoking is bothering someone, all they have to do is ask me to put it out. No scarcasm, and no rude acts, and my smoking is done. It's called being civil. Also, as an adult, I know that some places condone certain lawful activities that others do not and, if I do not like a certain lawful activity, I will avoid the places that activity will be present. If no such place exists, then I can get together with like-minded people, and open my own place where said lawful activity is forbidden. Why is it my business to regulate what you do in your business?

Gato_Solo said:
As a smoker, I have this to say. I'm also an adult. If my smoking is bothering someone, all they have to do is ask me to put it out. No scarcasm, and no rude acts, and my smoking is done. It's called being civil. Also, as an adult, I know that some places condone certain lawful activities that others do not and, if I do not like a certain lawful activity, I will avoid the places that activity will be present. If no such place exists, then I can get together with like-minded people, and open my own place where said lawful activity is forbidden. Why is it my business to regulate what you do in your business?
If that was directed to me, you are preaching to the choir. I was against the passing of that little regulation....I just added that I have not been adversely affected by the ruling. I'd imagine it to be quite bothersome to smokers.

tonksy said:
If that was directed to me, you are preaching to the choir. I was against the passing of that little regulation....I just added that I have not been adversely affected by the ruling. I'd imagine it to be quite bothersome to smokers.

Not directed at you. Just at the legislation.

More & more people wil join me in quitting, not because of health but because of politics. The what?

Back