mortgage hump

If ya haven't, take the PMI advice. 20% is the cutoff. You might have to pony up for the appraisal, but it's worth it.

I can't wait to feel that way. We are renting right now but hopefully will be able to put a down payment on a house after we get the Jetta payed off in a few months. We are going to sign another 12 month lease with this apartment in April and then start saving for a house.

I am so bad at saving money. Good thing Erik is in charge of the $$.

HomeLAN said:
If ya haven't, take the PMI advice. 20% is the cutoff. You might have to pony up for the appraisal, but it's worth it.
I'm going through biddings for general contractors to tidy up some roof leaks and external hardcote stucco cracks... bla bla. All in good time.

unclehobart said:
I'm going through biddings for general contractors to tidy up some roof leaks and external hardcote stucco cracks... bla bla. All in good time.

Drop the PMI & you can afford the contractor.

But the fixed roof and repaired cracks would increas eht evalue of the house for the appraisers.

If he's over thehalf point, he HAS enough equity. Step it up on the schedule, Rob. All you're doing right now is handing out free money on PMI.

Back