most meaningful gift

tonksy

i was pondering what makes a gift special. i'm supposing it can be different from person to person. what is yours?

Personalizing...if it speaks to me about who I am..it doesn't matter if it cost $1 or $1000, I'll still love it.

The best gift I got last christmas was a gift-certificate worth two CD's from my dad. He had asked the kiddo what I wanted, and music was the answer. Thank God the kid didn't mention names. He once bought me a Britney CD for my birthday.

MrBishop said:
Personalizing...if it speaks to me about who I am..it doesn't matter if it cost $1 or $1000, I'll still love it.
Or if it cost nothing. Over the years, I've had people give me plastic green balls from the ball pit at Burger King, green mardi-gras beads, green t-shirts, green pens, a green maglite...

And each time, from each person, the sentiment is the same, "I saw it and I thought of you". That's the greatest gift in itself.

The gifts that I get from my nieces and nephews seem to be the best for me.
When I know they only had a dollar or 2, and spent most all they had on some
little something to give me just because. :)
My youngest nephew sometimes gets 2 of something, candy, or just some little
something, and will give me one. (I usually end-up giving it back, after he looses his) :D

tonksy said:
i was pondering what makes a gift special. i'm supposing it can be different from person to person. what is yours?

Just getting something for no apparent reason...that's special.....

sometimes the best gifts I get are from my boyz...when they are at school and make something and bring it home and say...Mommy,I Love You, this is for you!!! :D

Back