Most recent acquisition, a big-ass TV? no!

so you can run it 83.3 24 hour days on hi-brightness mode

So upon reading the user manual the only thing
I found that can ensure proper lamp life is keeping
the air filter clean

That's watching one of the Lord of the rings movies 1000 times!

Todo for now:
- Install the 3M projection screen on the roof.
- Install a small shelf on the other side of the room to place the projector.
- Buy a usb extension cable, so I can place the laptop near the projector without losing visual quality and without losing the 7.1 decoding.

PICS!!!

Here's the new toy:
attachment.php

The uninstalled screen:
attachment.php

Zoom of the screen (3M rules):
attachment.php

And finally..........HELLO OTC!!!!:
attachment.php

Whats the point in putting it in your bedroom? Well other the watching a fuck flick...The real masters have the flesh in person...

I don't have a spare room to set up the speakers, puter and projector. Until I have my own house it is staying here along with the rest of my toys :D

keep buying them 3M product luis, my retirement looks better everytime someone does. :)

I am jealous now seeing the site that big brings a tear to my eye also.

Luis G said:
PICS!!!

Here's the new toy:

that is a awsome new toy!!!

I love my old lightwave projector because there is nothing better then watching a movie at home on a area as large as the nearist white wall!! However, mine is several years old and it eat bulbs like crazy.

vp800_plus.gif

Everything is installed now :D

Screen:
I decided to put up a chain to each side of the screen, just in case that the one of the Z expanders fail (which I doubt). If one should fail, the chain is tight to another Z expander, two of them failing in a row is not likely to happen.

Shelf:
On the other side of the room, a wood shelf. Instalation was easy. It is rated to hold up to 30kg (66lb), and it will hold the projector and the laptop while playing.

Speakers:
Placing properly the 7.1 system was easy, I had it in place to watch movies on the laptop screen. I just had to put some nails here and there to hold the speakers. The rear speakers are now in one wall of the room while the front ones are on the other one.

Laptop:
I just had to buy a USB extension. First I bought a 4.5m one but the puter would not see the external soundcard. I had to go out and buy a 3m one and now it all works fine. Thou I'm considering in buying a hub or something to make a permanent installation of the USB cable.

All in all, doing some math I have the equivalent of a 78in 16x9 screen or a 90in 4x3 screen.

MOVIE TIME!!! :D :D

Back